- Rahul slams PM Modi for attacking Manmohan Singh
- UK: Mallya trial to hear evidence from political expert
- Govt takeover of Unitech: NCLT should have taken our leave, SC
- Modi takes sea-plane from Sabarmati to visit Ambaji Temple
- NY attack: Trump says urgent need to fix 'lax' immigration
- Three soldiers missing as avalanche hits forward post in J-K
A tribute to fashion icons
Sonam Kapoor's unapologetic love for fashion are what satorial legends are made of. She now turns into a fashion chameleon for Vogue India, on the occasion of their 10th anniversary ,as they crown her Fashion Icon of the year. The star pays tribute to legendary fashion icons including Marlene Dietrich, known for her glamorous persona and “bedroom eyes,” Madhubala,considered at her time one of the most stunning women in the world.
Says Sonam Kapoor, “As an actor you create an idea of yourself through emotions, expressions, dialogues but also through clothes. When you look back at history to define an era, you look back at fashion”
‘Just like you is a song I'm really attached to. It's all about this view of celebrities that we're impenetrable and almost not human, but fundamentally we all have the same problems. Heartbreak feels the same, loss feels the same, all these feelings are the same for all of us.’
Actress Rasika Dugal, who features as Safia Manto in Manto, has taken on another challenging role in a movie titled Hamid. She will play a widowed mother in the film, set in the backdrop of Kashmir.
“What really appealed to me about the film was how it has shown the human side to the current plight and given the snapshot into the scenario using a very personal story instead of making it political. Aijaz has been in discussion to work with me for a long time and finally when this script came to me, I was glad to work on it,”said Rasika.
Pattinson-FKA Twigs part ways
Actor Robert Pattinson has reportedly split from singer FKA Twigs. The couple began dating in in September 2014 and reportedly got engaged just seven months later.
According to a source, Pattinson has called an end to their romance as he “grew tired” by the fact they had been “drifting apart.”
“In recent months they have really started to drift apart and have been spending less and less time together,” the source said. “Rob is tired of it, has called off their engagement and told friends they have split. With so much history between them, though, there are still strong feelings there.
It's a difficult situation but things have become tough between them for some time.”
- In the footsteps of a master 12 Dec 2017 | Uma Nair
- Fathers and sons 12 Dec 2017 | Utpal K Banerjee
- Trend blazer 12 Dec 2017 | Pioneer
- Songs of experience 12 Dec 2017 | Kritika Dua
- Mid-air code 12 Dec 2017 | Team Viva
- Peace mission stuck to purpose 11 Dec 2017 | Team Viva
- God is universal 11 Dec 2017 | Rajyogi Brahmkumar Nikunj
- Rise in teen suicide, social media coincide 11 Dec 2017 | Team Viva
- Trend blazer 11 Dec 2017 | Agencies
- Vintage ride 11 Dec 2017 | Kritika Dua
Sunday EditionView All
10 Dec 2017 | AFP | Seoul
North Korea blamed US "nuclear blackmail" for soaring tensions over its weapons programme in rare meetings with a senior UN official, but agreed to regular communication with the organisation, state media said today. Jeffrey Feltman arrived in Beijing today after wrapping up a five-day visit to Pyongyang aimed at defusing the crisis, just a week after North Korea said it test-fired a new ballistic missile capable of reaching the United States...
STATE EDITIONSView All
12 Dec 2017 | Staff Reporter | Raipur
After revised notification by DOPT, the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) has registered the case in the 'sex CD' matter. According to official sources in Police Headquarters, the notification of the DOPT dated December 7 reached the PHQ on Monday...