- Agitation paralysing Mumbai suburban services withdrawn
- CBI has started preliminary probe in SSC paper leak case: Centre tells SC
- No immediate arrest of public servants in cases under SC/ST Act: SC
- Choksi to CBI: Completely defenceless due to exaggerated allegations
- Won't cede even an inch of land, ready for bloody battle: Xi
- Bodies of 39 Indians, abducted by ISIS in Iraq, found: Swaraj
- Jailed AIADMK leader VK Sasikala's husband M Natarajan passes away
Balan to play Indira Gandhi
Acclaimed actress Vidya Balan will play former Prime Minister Indira Gandhi onscreen in a project based on journalist-author Sagarika Ghose’s book Indira: India’s Most Powerful Prime Minister.
“I am happy to have acquired the rights to Sagarika Ghose's Indira..., because I have always wanted to play Indira Gandhi. I haven't decided yet whether it should be a film or a web series, but that will take a while anyway,” said Vidya, a National Award winner. Ghose, elated about signing the contract, wrote: “Most excited to see Indira on-screen!”
‘Sexual harassment at workplaces has been happening to women from the time women were allowed to work alongside men. People view it as a part and parcel of being a working woman. There are girls who don't speak about it for the fear of being shamed.’
— ESHA GUPTA
Megastar Amitabh Bachchan has thrown his weight behind the 2018 Global Appeal against leprosy. Bachchan said, “The greatest disease today is not TB or leprosy, it is being unwanted and uncared for. We can cure physical diseases with medicine, but the only cure for loneliness, despair and hopelessness is love.” The event is being organised jointly by the Nippon Foundation and Disabled People's International (DPI).
Pennywise haunted me: Bill
Actor Bill Skarsgard says he was haunted by his own character Pennywise from the film It. Skarsgard, 27, says the shapeshifting killer clown visited him in his dreams even after they wrapped up the filming of the movie. He said, “I was home, done with the movie, and I started having very strange and vivid Pennywise dreams. Every night, he came and visited. It was in the shape of either me dealing with him, sort of Pennywise as a separate entity of me, and then also me as Pennywise in circumstances that I didn't appreciate. Like, I'm Pennywise and I'm really upset that I'm out in public and people are looking at me.” The Swedish actor also said he was so immersed in the role that it was hard to separate the character's depiction from his real attitude.
- Untested plot 20 Mar 2018 | Pioneer
- Original bohemian 20 Mar 2018 | Kritika Dua
- TREND BLAZER 20 Mar 2018 | Pioneer
- Hidden treasure 20 Mar 2018 | Pioneer
- Bridge the boundaries 20 Mar 2018 | Pioneer
- Midas touch 20 Mar 2018 | Uma Nair
- The echo of musical notes 20 Mar 2018 | Shailaja Khanna
- SOCIAL ENGINEERING THROUGH CINEMA 20 Mar 2018 | Pioneer
- Politics and Moral Values 19 Mar 2018 | Rajyogi Brahmkumar Nikunj
- The lazy person‚Äôs guide to health 19 Mar 2018 | Veer Ramlugon
Sunday EditionView All
18 Mar 2018 | PNS
AAI conducts international workshop for utilizing GAGAN In keeping with the Prime Minister’s objective of using technology as a means of development and co-operation, Airports Authority of India has now offered GPS-aided Geo Augmented Navigation (GAGAN) to SAARC and Southeast Asian countries in order to allow them to reap the significant benefits that accrue from such an advanced navigation system. AAI conducted a two-day workshop on March 15 and 16, 2018...
STATE EDITIONSView All
21 Mar 2018 | PNS | Dehradun
Dehradun police have arrested an alleged member of an inter-state gang involved in vehicle theft in Haridwar and Dehradun districts from Muzaffarnagar in Uttar Pradesh on Tuesday. The accused has been identified as Vikram Malik, native of Shamli, Uttar Pradesh, police said, adding that he was currently living in Haryana...