- Agitation paralysing Mumbai suburban services withdrawn
- CBI has started preliminary probe in SSC paper leak case: Centre tells SC
- No immediate arrest of public servants in cases under SC/ST Act: SC
- Choksi to CBI: Completely defenceless due to exaggerated allegations
- Won't cede even an inch of land, ready for bloody battle: Xi
- Bodies of 39 Indians, abducted by ISIS in Iraq, found: Swaraj
- Jailed AIADMK leader VK Sasikala's husband M Natarajan passes away
The perfect amalgamation
Heritage’s fusion with modernity was witnessed, when the first Khadi shop-in-shop was inaugurated by Giriraj Singh, Union Minister of State (Independent Charge) for micro, small and medium enterprises.
The minister, in his inaugural address, said that by tying up with various retail chains to launch Khadi Korner, Khadi has once again added a new dimension in retailing. “Gone are the days when people used to believe that Khadi was a dress of either netas (politicians) or elderly (grandparents). In those days, loyal customers of Khadi used to travel huge distance to reach Khadi Bhandars in order to purchase it. But today, it has not only become the favourite fabric for one and all, it has also marked its presence right from the sleepy hamlets to mega malls of the cosmopolitans,” he said.
Echoing similar views, Vinai Kumar Saxena, Chairman, Khadi and Village Industries Commission (KVIC), said that as availability is one of the key factors of selling in modern world. KVIC has also introduced a new initiative of opening exclusive Khadi Korners in major malls and supermarkets in the country to ensure its presence at every doorstep. “As the average daily sale at Khadi Korner will be around Rs 30,000, it will certainly be a major marketing game-plan for the brand in retail and expected to give a major push to Khadi sales,” he said, adding, “Designer intervention is also planned by KVIC to introduce market trendy designs in Khadi. Reputed designers like Ritu Beri, Nachiket and institutes like NIFT, SNDT, Pearl Academy are also being involved in this initiative.”
On November 16, KVIC had organised an interaction with CEOs of Retail Chains and Designers, which was addressed by VK Saxena, Chairman, KVIC and AK Panda, Secretary MSME . The aim was to increase Khadi’s retail presence. Subsequently, convergence has been established with Globus Stores, unit of Raheja Group and Khadi Korners that have been planned for opening at Globus in Noida, Chennai, Varnasi and Ahemedabad in the first phase.
- Untested plot 20 Mar 2018 | Pioneer
- Original bohemian 20 Mar 2018 | Kritika Dua
- TREND BLAZER 20 Mar 2018 | Pioneer
- Hidden treasure 20 Mar 2018 | Pioneer
- Bridge the boundaries 20 Mar 2018 | Pioneer
- Midas touch 20 Mar 2018 | Uma Nair
- The echo of musical notes 20 Mar 2018 | Shailaja Khanna
- SOCIAL ENGINEERING THROUGH CINEMA 20 Mar 2018 | Pioneer
- Politics and Moral Values 19 Mar 2018 | Rajyogi Brahmkumar Nikunj
- The lazy person‚Äôs guide to health 19 Mar 2018 | Veer Ramlugon
Sunday EditionView All
18 Mar 2018 | PNS
AAI conducts international workshop for utilizing GAGAN In keeping with the Prime Minister’s objective of using technology as a means of development and co-operation, Airports Authority of India has now offered GPS-aided Geo Augmented Navigation (GAGAN) to SAARC and Southeast Asian countries in order to allow them to reap the significant benefits that accrue from such an advanced navigation system. AAI conducted a two-day workshop on March 15 and 16, 2018...
STATE EDITIONSView All
21 Mar 2018 | PNS | Dehradun
Dehradun police have arrested an alleged member of an inter-state gang involved in vehicle theft in Haridwar and Dehradun districts from Muzaffarnagar in Uttar Pradesh on Tuesday. The accused has been identified as Vikram Malik, native of Shamli, Uttar Pradesh, police said, adding that he was currently living in Haryana...