- BrahMos air version test-fired with indigenous seeker
- Education fee cap for martyrs' children removed
- Cong to move privilege motion against Swaraj for 'misleading' RS on death of Indians in
- Govt paves way for tax-free gratuity of up to Rs 20 Lakh
- UIDAI CEO to make presentation on Aadhaar before SC
- AAP govt presents Rs 53,000 cr budget for 2018-19
- China sells Pakistan sensitive missile technology
- Linking Congress to data scam diversionary tactics: Rahul
- Facebook enhancing security features ahead of polls in India, Brazil: Zuckerberg
Rich time in Ranveer’s career
Actor Ranveer Singh says it is a rich time in his career as he gets to be part of challenging and stimulating work with the biggest names of Bollywood.
On his upcoming films Ranveer said: “I am feeling very blessed that I have the opportunity to work with best filmmakers ”
“It is a very rich time for me as a creative person. I am getting to do loads of different things, keeping myself stimulated and challenged. I am very excited about my upcoming films.”
He also opened up on details about Simmba, his forthcoming movie with Shetty. “I am really very excited about collaborating with Rohit Shetty. He is the king of masala films, which are loved more than any other films. So this is something I believe I was born to do and looking forward to it.”
‘Omerta exposes state-sponsored terrorism and how it manipulates young minds into believing a sordid interpretation of Jihad. Terror is all about power. Packed screenings at international film festivals were met with shocked silence and often anger. I am expecting similar reactions from the audience’
— Hansal Mehta
Actor Michael Caine says he will not work with filmmaker Woody Allen again after learning of the sexual assault allegations against him.“I am so stunned. I am a patron of the National Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Children and have very strong views about paedophilia. I can’t come to terms with it, because I loved Woody and had a wonderful time with him” said Caine. He had won an Oscar for his role in Allen's film Hannah and Her Sisters.
Spielberg’s anxiety attack
Veteran filmmaker Steven Spielberg's movie Ready Player One had a world premiere but not before facing technical difficulties which drew boos from the crowd.
After being announced as the secret screening at the year's SXSW Film Festival, Spielberg's film was hit with technical difficulties during its world premiere. About 100 minutes into the film, the sound went out, drawing boos and jeers from the Paramount Theater crowd.
The projectionist restarted the movie, which had been paused during a climactic scene, but the sound system failed again. After a third, successful attempt, the sold-out crowd burst into applause.
Spielberg received a standing ovation at the film's conclusion and asked the audience not to reveal any spoilers beforehand.
- Detox your way this festive season 23 Mar 2018 | Pioneer
- Classics to contemporary 23 Mar 2018 | Ramya Palisetty
- Experimental connect 23 Mar 2018 | Team Viva
- Trend Blazer 23 Mar 2018 | Pioneer
- Begin anew 23 Mar 2018 | Pioneer
- A Verna-ful car 23 Mar 2018 | Kushan Mitra
- Corporate Briefs 22 Mar 2018 | Pioneer
- need for an alternate energy 22 Mar 2018 | Pioneer
- call to almighty 22 Mar 2018 | Pioneer
- A powerful unit 22 Mar 2018 | Pioneer
Sunday EditionView All
18 Mar 2018 | PNS
AAI conducts international workshop for utilizing GAGAN In keeping with the Prime Minister’s objective of using technology as a means of development and co-operation, Airports Authority of India has now offered GPS-aided Geo Augmented Navigation (GAGAN) to SAARC and Southeast Asian countries in order to allow them to reap the significant benefits that accrue from such an advanced navigation system. AAI conducted a two-day workshop on March 15 and 16, 2018...
STATE EDITIONSView All
23 Mar 2018 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
A proposal to set up two centres of excellence, one in floriculture and another in citrus fruits, in Madhya Pradesh with the cooperation of Israel is awaiting the Centre's green-signal. While talking to media persons here on Thursday, Israel Consul General in Mumbai Yaakov Finkelstein told, “India and Israel are working on to strengthen the partnership and cooperation in the fields of agriculture and water...