- Chidambaram attacks BJP over deleting dialogues in 'Mersal'
- PM to visit poll-bound Gujarat tomorrow
- Srikanth stuns Axelsen; Saina, Prannoy lose in Denmark Open
- Meeting Dalai Lama major offence, China warns world leaders
- Missing Pak journalist recovered after two years
- Irani hits back at Rahul Gandhi for tweet on Jay Shah
A dot of many colours
Bikash Poddar's paintings depict landscapes in miniature format with highly detailed architecture and boats by the waterside
Portraying the fine blend of Indian miniatures and Chinese calligraphy art, a forthcoming solo exhibition attempts to capture the essence of nature in its totality.
Titled “Kaleido-scapes: Nature in Vibrant Hues”, it is a solo show of landscape paintings in watercolour by Bikash Poddar, one of India’s best known landscape artists.
The artist, known for blending landscapes with human form in a seamless harmony, has displayed his works in nearly 25 solo and group shows in India and abroad. His works are with collectors and corporate houses in Delhi, Mumbai, the US, Hong Kong, Canada, Australia and Singapore besides other places.
The paintings that will be on display at Gallerie Ganesha depict landscapes in miniature format with highly detailed architecture: ruined temples, weathered habitations and boats by the waterside. The exhibition also includes his boldly coloured works that concentrate on objects of daily use. His works are an important contribution to the art of Bengal, dialectical and evocative and memorable for the quality of their execution.
They span the cultures of two great neighbouring countries, those of India and China, the first highlighting detailed miniature forms bursting with life while the latter evokes the essence of aesthetic expression of the human presence at its most minimal.
Born in 1954 in Kaliyaganj, north Bengal, Poddar studied at the College of Art and Craft in Kolkata and completed his five years of diploma in Applied Art with a gold medal.
The exhibition will remain open from March 24 to April 25 at Gallerie Ganesha in the capital.
- ‚ÄėDon't know if I'll become full-time actress in future‚Äô 21 Oct 2017 | Pioneer
- Art of a yogi 21 Oct 2017 | Pioneer
- Right to Vote 21 Oct 2017 | Kritika Dua
- Chopra calls out Big Boys‚Äô Club in Bollywood 21 Oct 2017 | Pioneer
- Time to have some fun 21 Oct 2017 | Saimi Sattar
- Nailing it with laughter 21 Oct 2017 | Kritika Dua
- Get Set Go! 19 Oct 2017 | Kritika Dua
- AAI felicitated with ACI-ASQ Award 19 Oct 2017 | Pioneer
- bis meeting 19 Oct 2017 | Pioneer
- Home Improvement 19 Oct 2017 | Pioneer
Sunday EditionView All
22 Oct 2017 | PTI | New Delhi
The Sharad Yadav faction of the Janata Dal (United) Party on Saturday announced election to party posts on March 11 and released a list of interim office-bearers, including Chhotubhai Vasava as working president and Ali Anwar as one of the vice-presidents. Yadav also released a list of presidents of party units in states at a press briefing...
STATE EDITIONSView All
22 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan will reach Washington DC on October 22. He has been invited by Pt Deendayal Upadhyay Forum, where he will address as a key speaker in the programme organised by the forum...