- Rahul slams PM Modi for attacking Manmohan Singh
- UK: Mallya trial to hear evidence from political expert
- Govt takeover of Unitech: NCLT should have taken our leave, SC
- Modi takes sea-plane from Sabarmati to visit Ambaji Temple
- NY attack: Trump says urgent need to fix 'lax' immigration
- Three soldiers missing as avalanche hits forward post in J-K
A fine balance
Ragini Ahuja uses tribal elements from evolutionary patterns to modern contemporary graphics
Ragini Ahuja recognises the cultural identity and displacement of tribes who have fled their homeland and live as ethnic refugees. Spring-Summer collection, 2018 is a reflection of their inclusion and exclusion, the calm rebellion and the instinct to survive. The tribal elements form evolutionary patterns — traditional tribal progressing to modern contemporary graphics.
Built with character and harmony in mind, this story works with sharp contrasts. Tones of ivory, navy, black and red signify their account of survival and strength. Practical and comfortable in an effortless way, the silhouettes are relaxed with soft tailoring and volume.
Complementing to the collection is Lovebirds — an expression of pure and simple forms, taking inspiration from elementary geometry, such as circles, lines and rectangles to make the collection precise.
Carefully edited and meticulously crafted, in this collection we have infused effortless flair with a gentler softer vibe. Volumes, layers and proportions are elaborate yet they permeate a fluid sense of movement.
In this collection, they have taken on a more considered approach, while keeping firmly in place our minimalistic aesthetic and fondness for volume, with a play on balanced asymmetry.
The evolution lies in the observation of relaxed tailoring, simplified and functional silhouettes, mellow forms and well-proportioned cuts.
Focusing on a key element of freedom for an urban woman who feels significant, substantial and very confident, Lovebirds SS18 is a fine mix of functional as well as efficient clothing which is whimsical and androgynous, embraces the femininity as well as focuses on comfort and versatility.
- In the footsteps of a master 12 Dec 2017 | Uma Nair
- Fathers and sons 12 Dec 2017 | Utpal K Banerjee
- Trend blazer 12 Dec 2017 | Pioneer
- Songs of experience 12 Dec 2017 | Kritika Dua
- Mid-air code 12 Dec 2017 | Team Viva
- Peace mission stuck to purpose 11 Dec 2017 | Team Viva
- God is universal 11 Dec 2017 | Rajyogi Brahmkumar Nikunj
- Rise in teen suicide, social media coincide 11 Dec 2017 | Team Viva
- Trend blazer 11 Dec 2017 | Agencies
- Vintage ride 11 Dec 2017 | Kritika Dua
Sunday EditionView All
10 Dec 2017 | AFP | Seoul
North Korea blamed US "nuclear blackmail" for soaring tensions over its weapons programme in rare meetings with a senior UN official, but agreed to regular communication with the organisation, state media said today. Jeffrey Feltman arrived in Beijing today after wrapping up a five-day visit to Pyongyang aimed at defusing the crisis, just a week after North Korea said it test-fired a new ballistic missile capable of reaching the United States...
STATE EDITIONSView All
12 Dec 2017 | Staff Reporter | Raipur
After revised notification by DOPT, the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) has registered the case in the 'sex CD' matter. According to official sources in Police Headquarters, the notification of the DOPT dated December 7 reached the PHQ on Monday...