- Examining reports on black money commissioned by UPA: Fin Min
- Japan welcomes Trump's threat to destroy North Korea
- No floor test, no elections in 18 seats: Madras HC
- BCCI nominates MS Dhoni for Padma Bhushan award
- Visits by Trump, Modi to Israel 'truly historic': Netanyahu
- Anger building up against Modi government: Rahul
- Mexicans dig in rubble seeking survivors as quake kills 248
- Heavy rains in Mumbai for 2nd day; flight services hit
AR jawans injured in gunfight
Suspected NSCN(K) cadres carried out standoff attack on Assam Rifles post at Dan, Nagaland from across the Indo-Myanmar Border on the afternoon of September 11. Severe exchange of fire between the troops and cadres ensued wherein the alert troops foiled the attack.
During the retaliation, one AR jawan (Rfn/GD) sustained gunshot wound and was immediately administered first aid and evacuated to Rangapahar MH. He is currently under medical treatment.
The other Jawan sustained a splinter injury in the hand and was administered first aid on the spot. However, the exact number of cadres involved in the incident is not ascertained due to heavy rainfall and poor visibility. They further fled deeper into Myanmar jungles.
Unit sources confirmed injury to few cadres and reinforcement was called in later during the evening.
- Watch out 19 Sep 2017 | Pioneer
- ‚ÄėAwards do not make you a better musician‚Äô 19 Sep 2017 | Team Viva
- Devotee of dance 19 Sep 2017 | Suman Doonga
- Metaphors from Peru 19 Sep 2017 | Kritika Dua
- Trend blazer 19 Sep 2017 | Agencies
- Risky needles 19 Sep 2017 | IANS
- Picture Perfect 19 Sep 2017 | Pioneer
- Frills and shine 19 Sep 2017 | AP
- BIG MOMENTS 19 Sep 2017 | AP
- Trumping act 19 Sep 2017 | Pioneer
Sunday EditionView All
17 Sep 2017 | Staff Reporter | New Delhi
A 38-year-old man has been arrested by the Farsh Bazaar police for allegedly duping people coming to ATM and fraudulently withdrawing their money. Twelve ATM cards have been recovered from his possession...
STATE EDITIONSView All
20 Sep 2017 | Mukesh Ranjan | Ranchi
Intensifying drive against cyber criminals in Jamtara, Police have arrested four more criminals from Dharuadih and Manjhladih areas under Karmatand Police Station, while they were trying to dupe people though internet, while 20 others succeeded in escaping from the spot. As of now, as many as 104 cases of cyber crime has been lodged in the district alone, out of which more than 80 have been lodged by police itself...