- P V Sindhu enters semifinals of All England Championship.
- Centre tells SC it will not damage Ram Sethu for shipping channel project
- Andhra CM targets PMO, alleges conspiracy
- 'TDP's exit signals opportunity for BJP to grow in Andhra'
- Bhagwant Mann resigns as AAP Punjab chief
- TDP quits NDA; to move no-confidence motion
Be human: Ranbir
Actor Ranbir Kapoor doesn’t mind putting on weight to seek perfection in his character, in this case that of Sanjay Dutt in a Hindi biopic directed by Rajkumar Hirani. “It has been an inspiring journey for me to be playing Sanjay Dutt for the silver screen. I have never put on so much weight before and now plan to reduce some weight for the next phase of shooting,” he told us while launching India’s first HP Virtual Reality (VR) lounge at PVR ECX, Mall of India here on Monday.
The yet untitled film will portray seven different phases of Sanjay Dutt’s life and journey as a 22-year-old to now. Presumed a geek, he, however, was not one for technology as a key ingredient of a movie-going experience. In fact, he felt that the increased use of gadgets might take the audience away from cinemas but people would always come to the theatre for good content and stories. “We like to feel a story loom above us,” he added.
The VR lounge at PVR ECX will allow movie-goers to explore a whole new library of fascinating and adventurous immersive and interactive content curated from various genres like drama, fiction, science fiction, horror and action, among others. “It is a mind-blowing experience to go through the VR experience. But being an actor, I fear that it might take away the audience from movie theatres,” he said.
Without discarding the importance of technology in our lives, he said that it is also important to take time out for our fellow human beings. “Please don't get consumed by electronics,” he added.
- Irrfan Khan diagnosed with a rare tumour 17 Mar 2018 | Team Viva
- ‚ÄėMelody without rhythm is lifeless‚Äô 17 Mar 2018 | Shailaja Khanna
- Breaking the omerta 17 Mar 2018 | Upasana Singh
- SUSTAINABILITY CLAUSE 17 Mar 2018 | Team Viva
- How to humanise tech 17 Mar 2018 | Team Viva
- Return of the actor 17 Mar 2018 | Saimi Sattar
- Inspired delights 16 Mar 2018 | Saimi Sattar
- The road less travelled 16 Mar 2018 | Jugal Hansraj
- MAGICAL PRIESTESS 16 Mar 2018 | Pioneer
- B&W still good 16 Mar 2018 | Upasana Singh
Sunday EditionView All
18 Mar 2018 | VR Jayaraj | Kochi
Kerala’s Catholic Church has declared war on the CPI(M)-led LDF Government over its new liquor policy by which liquor outlets including bars could be opened in almost all panchayats in the State. The new policy also paves way for the reopening of almost all the bars that were closed down in 2014 as part of the then Government’s policy envisaging implementation of Prohibition in ten years’ time through phases...
STATE EDITIONSView All
18 Mar 2018 | PNS | Chandigarh
Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal on Saturday said that the previous governments indulged in the business of illegally acquiring lands with ulterior motives and with the intent of having their own cut. “This was done not only in Rohtak but in the entire state...