Be human: Ranbir
Actor Ranbir Kapoor doesn’t mind putting on weight to seek perfection in his character, in this case that of Sanjay Dutt in a Hindi biopic directed by Rajkumar Hirani. “It has been an inspiring journey for me to be playing Sanjay Dutt for the silver screen. I have never put on so much weight before and now plan to reduce some weight for the next phase of shooting,” he told us while launching India’s first HP Virtual Reality (VR) lounge at PVR ECX, Mall of India here on Monday.
The yet untitled film will portray seven different phases of Sanjay Dutt’s life and journey as a 22-year-old to now. Presumed a geek, he, however, was not one for technology as a key ingredient of a movie-going experience. In fact, he felt that the increased use of gadgets might take the audience away from cinemas but people would always come to the theatre for good content and stories. “We like to feel a story loom above us,” he added.
The VR lounge at PVR ECX will allow movie-goers to explore a whole new library of fascinating and adventurous immersive and interactive content curated from various genres like drama, fiction, science fiction, horror and action, among others. “It is a mind-blowing experience to go through the VR experience. But being an actor, I fear that it might take away the audience from movie theatres,” he said.
Without discarding the importance of technology in our lives, he said that it is also important to take time out for our fellow human beings. “Please don't get consumed by electronics,” he added.
- Truth hurts 27 Jun 2017 | Surabhi Jajodia
- Folk beats get a platform 27 Jun 2017 | Mansi Bhansali
- Thinking cap 27 Jun 2017 | Team Viva
- Trend blazer 27 Jun 2017 | Pioneer
- ‘Have you heard music sync with the chase?’ 27 Jun 2017 | Pioneer
- They renewed their vows with a dance 27 Jun 2017 | Pioneer
- Oxford honour for Buddhist leader 27 Jun 2017 | Pioneer
- Lowest opening Eid weekend for Salman 27 Jun 2017 | IANS
- Managing stress intelligently 26 Jun 2017 | Rajyogi Brahmakumar Nikunj ji
- Tools of the mind 26 Jun 2017 | Team Viva
Sunday EditionView All
25 Jun 2017 | Shipra Parashar/ Srishti Garg | New Delhi
With Delhi University declaring its first cut-off list on Friday, SGTB Khalsa college came out with the highest 99.66 per cent for BSc (Hons) Electronics...
STATE EDITIONSView All
28 Jun 2017 | PNS | CHANDIGARH
After introducing a policy on purchase of land voluntarily offered for development projects, Haryana Government on Tuesday launched a web portal to provide a database of such available land and land sale offers in the State. Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar launched “ebhoomiharyana...