- Swaraj condoles death of ex-Nepal PM Prachanda's son
- 'Padmavati' makers postpone film's release amid controversy
- Modi govt likely to get corruption tag as UPA II: Chidambaram
- Kovind, Modi pays tribute to Indira Gandhi on birth centenary
- Committed to improve sanitation facilities: Modi
- Leh freezes, Gulmarg coldest in Kashmir Valley
Berry falls in love with Kerala
Oscar winner and hugely popular American actress Halle Berry had a peaceful and quiet holiday here, without grabbing the attention she is used to. Berry, 51, won the 2002 Academy Award for Best Actress for her performance in the romantic drama Monster’s Ball.
An official of the beach resort where she and her five-member group were put up, told IANS on Monday that the actress’ visit was purely private. “She and her group were here with us for two nights and checked out yesterday morning. She spent time at the beach and had no problems moving around. Yes, none knew who she was and we were also told that since this was a private visit, none should also come to know. She really enjoyed the stay with us and the places she visited,” said the official on condition of anonymity.
Berry arrived at the Kochi International Airport around three days ago, and drove to the beach resort near here.
During her visit, she enjoyed a houseboat ride, visited the beach and also a few establishments here. On Sunday, she went back to Kochi and flew to Mumbai from there. Berry has been posting updates from her India trip on Instagram. “Time to WINE down,” read one post in which she is seen holding up a glass of red wine. Her wrist is wrapped in beads.
In another post from Mumbai, she is seen sporting a bindi and is seen wearing an innovative serpent ring. “Sometimes the universe puts us in places where our souls most need to be in order to see more clearly. So grateful to be here,” she wrote.
Before her trip to Kerala, the former James Bond girl was in Mumbai where she bonded with actress Dia Mirza over climate change at a private event.
- The woman behind the iron mask 18 Nov 2017 | Palak Sharma
- Tribal warrior 18 Nov 2017 | Kritika Dua
- Yet another wonder 18 Nov 2017 | Pioneer
- The icy wonderland 18 Nov 2017 | Kritika Dua
- Gorgeous 17 Nov 2017 | Pioneer
- PINCH OF EXPERTISE 17 Nov 2017 | Kritika Dua
- Trend Blazer 17 Nov 2017 | Agencies
- Padmavati row intensifies 17 Nov 2017 | Pioneer
- Da Vinci painting sells for record $450 million 17 Nov 2017 | Pioneer
- The fiery riders 17 Nov 2017 | Team Viva
Sunday EditionView All
19 Nov 2017 | PNS | GANDHINAGAR
Addressing a gathering of people via video conferencing in Bharuch district of poll-bound Gujarat, Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Saturday asked them to unite against casteism, terrorism, black money, corruption and communalism. “It is a strange environment…We must hold each others hand and move ahead…...
STATE EDITIONSView All
20 Nov 2017 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
The report of the Special Task Force (STF) investigating the delay in registering an FIR in the gang rape case that had recently shaken the State Capital, would be out on Monday. The STF was formed to investigate the gang rape case and to find out the police officials who were guilty of not registering an FIR in the case...