- Five killed after gunmen storm luxury hotel in Kabul
- AAI to raise funds to meet capital expenditure requirements
- India down hosts New Zealand in Four-Nations hockey
- Sonai honour killing case: Court awards death sentence to six
- India's entry into elite nuclear groups reaffirms its non- proliferation commitments: PM
- 4 injured in ceasefire violation by Pak
- Pak raises Jadhav's case in UNSC debate on Afghanistan
- India asks UN to focus on eliminating terror safe havens in Pak
- US government shuts down
Berry falls in love with Kerala
Oscar winner and hugely popular American actress Halle Berry had a peaceful and quiet holiday here, without grabbing the attention she is used to. Berry, 51, won the 2002 Academy Award for Best Actress for her performance in the romantic drama Monster’s Ball.
An official of the beach resort where she and her five-member group were put up, told IANS on Monday that the actress’ visit was purely private. “She and her group were here with us for two nights and checked out yesterday morning. She spent time at the beach and had no problems moving around. Yes, none knew who she was and we were also told that since this was a private visit, none should also come to know. She really enjoyed the stay with us and the places she visited,” said the official on condition of anonymity.
Berry arrived at the Kochi International Airport around three days ago, and drove to the beach resort near here.
During her visit, she enjoyed a houseboat ride, visited the beach and also a few establishments here. On Sunday, she went back to Kochi and flew to Mumbai from there. Berry has been posting updates from her India trip on Instagram. “Time to WINE down,” read one post in which she is seen holding up a glass of red wine. Her wrist is wrapped in beads.
In another post from Mumbai, she is seen sporting a bindi and is seen wearing an innovative serpent ring. “Sometimes the universe puts us in places where our souls most need to be in order to see more clearly. So grateful to be here,” she wrote.
Before her trip to Kerala, the former James Bond girl was in Mumbai where she bonded with actress Dia Mirza over climate change at a private event.
- ‚ÄėHero‚Äô Akshay averted clash 20 Jan 2018 | IANS
- Faustian tale 20 Jan 2018 | Vera Farmiga
- Actors not cool for social campaigns 20 Jan 2018 | Pioneer
- Blurring enemy lines 20 Jan 2018 | Kritika Dua
- Grab the crab 20 Jan 2018 | Pioneer
- Never molested my daughter, insists Woody Allen 20 Jan 2018 | IANS
- Unwrapped from within 20 Jan 2018 | ANGELA PALJOR
- Artful melange 19 Jan 2018 | Angela Paljor
- Simply irresistible 19 Jan 2018 | Ramya Palisetty
- Trend blazer 19 Jan 2018 | Pioneer
Sunday EditionView All
21 Jan 2018 | PTI | New Delhi
Cold wave conditions persisted on Saturday in most parts of north India with the mercury further dropping in Kashmir and high-altitude areas of Himachal Pradesh recording sub-zero temperatures. Normal life remained hit in Jammu and Kashmir's Kargil as the minimum there settled at minus 19...
STATE EDITIONSView All
21 Jan 2018 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
The Congress party exhibited a strong fight in the Madhya Pradesh civic polls by winning nine presidential posts in 19 civic bodies on Saturday, tying with the BJP, which too won equal numbers. Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan's charisma could not help the BJP take over the Congress citadel of Raghogarh, hometown of AICC general secretary Digvijaya Singh...