Corporation Bank conducted a cleanliness drive on January 21 to clean up the roads leading to its corporate office, Mangalore. The bank is observing swachhta pakhwada, cleanliness fortnight from January 16 to 31st under the Swachh Bharat Abhiyan. The bank carried out the shramdaan as part of the swachhta pakhwada in association with Swachh Mangaluru Abhiyan of Ramakrishna Mission, Mangaluru. Managing director and CEO, Jai Kumar Garg, Corporation bank, Gopal Murli Bhagat, executive director, Corporation Bank and swami of ramakrishna mission, Mangaluru flagged off the drive. Other executives of the bank also participated in the shramdaan.
Flagging the drive, Jai Kumar Garg said cleanliness is not merely the responsibility of the administration but of every citizen.
Around 300 staff members of the bank and other volunteers equipped with brooms, shovels, spades and other tools cleaned the roads of Pandeshwar locality in the city. Volunteers went door to door spreading the message of cleanliness and hygiene. Branches and offices of the bank across the country are conducting various cleanliness activities.
- Impressionism is the newspaper of the soul 21 May 2018 | Team Viva
- Meditate to elevate 21 May 2018 | Team Viva
- Freshwater decline in India: NASA study 21 May 2018 | IANS
- Try. Fail. Try again. Fail again 21 May 2018 | Team Viva
- TREND BLAZER 21 May 2018 | Team Viva
- The Yanny or Laurel illusion 21 May 2018 | Nitesh Jidani
- The 100 Season 5: Back with a bang 21 May 2018 | Nitesh Jidani
- Changing soch on Sochi 21 May 2018 | Team Viva
- Bleisure picks up speed 21 May 2018 | Team Viva
- I do not condone any form of sexual violence: Jim Sarbh 19 May 2018 | IANS
Sunday EditionView All
20 May 2018 | PNS
New Delhi: “Now, let us enjoy our holidays,” this is how the Supreme Court concluded the hearing on the Karnataka power row on Saturday. The courtroom burst into a bout of laughter as Justice AK Sikri, who headed the three-judge Bench, made the jovial remark ...
STATE EDITIONSView All
21 May 2018 | PNS | Ranchi
With State’s biggest Urban Local Body (ULB) gearing up to conduct vendors’ committee election in June second week for formation of first Town Vending Committee, the members of Ranchi Footpath Hawkers Association covering quite a number of street vendors appear reluctant to take part in the upcoming election. Notably, as per the rule, allocation of shops to street vendors at the vendors market is done on the recommendation of the...