- If we enter India, it will be chaos: China
- PM welcomes SC judgement on triple talaq
- Victory for Muslim women: AIMWPLB on SC Talaq verdict
- Amit Shah hails SC ruling on triple talaq
- Pro-Dhinkaran MLAs meet TN Guv; seek CM's ouster
- Trump sees 'critical' role for India in South Asia
- SC says triple talaq practice void and unconstitutional
Customise your gadgets
Create landscapes from ‘Google street view' and personalised music through ‘New Release Radio'
Taking digital photography to the next level, Google has introduced a new machine learning-based technique to create pro-level landscape photos from ‘Google Street View’ images. The technique is based on “experimental deep-learning system” which uses machine learning for artistic content creation, according to Google research blog. Using ‘Google Street View,’ several landscape panoramas were taken and then, post-processing operations were carried out to create an aesthetically pleasing image.
The research approach relied on a collection of professional quality photos of which the subjective aesthetics were broken down into multiple aspects automatically, each of which is learned individually by the machine. Google used 40,000 panoramas from areas like the Alps, Banff and Jasper National Parks in Canada, Big Sur in California and Yellowstone National Park to conduct the “Turing-test” like experiment, which was then judged by professional photographers. The team mixed the machine creations with other photos and about 40 per cent of them were rated at “semi-pro” to “pro” levels by the judges.
In a bid to enhance music listeners’ experience, Google has added a new feature to ‘Google Play Music’ which would deliver personalised music based on users' preferences. Called ‘New Release Radio,’ the feature uses machine learning to select singles and album releases from the past two weeks based on the user's listening history and musical preferences, according to a Google blog.
Google, in partnership with Samsung, released the update on Samsung smartphones and tablets earlier this year through an ‘early access programme.’ Based on the positive user-feedback gathered through the programme, Google has now rolled it out for all on ‘Play Music.’
The station – ‘New Release Radio’ – is available to free radio listeners as well as subscribers globally and will be constantly updated with the latest releases, the company said.
- Dance as confluence 22 Aug 2017 | Angela Paljor
- The divine flute 22 Aug 2017 | Suman Doonga
- To thine own self be true 22 Aug 2017 | Pioneer
- The India that was 22 Aug 2017 | Pioneer
- Trend blazer 22 Aug 2017 | Agencies
- This Is Us: A must watch 22 Aug 2017 | Pioneer
- Nuanced monochromes 22 Aug 2017 | Divyam Mehta
- New grammar for bridal couture 22 Aug 2017 | Angela Paljor
- Thinking designers 21 Aug 2017 | Pioneer
- Soul-searcher‚Äôs truths 21 Aug 2017 | Rajyogi Brahmakumar Nikunj ji
Sunday EditionView All
20 Aug 2017 | AFP | Washington
The entire President’s Committee on the Arts and the Humanities, that includes Indian-Americans Jhumpa Lahiri and Kal Penn, has resigned over President Donald Trump’s controversial remarks after the racist violence in Virginia. In a letter signed by 16 of 17 committee members, including author Lahiri and actor Penn, Trump’s decision to withdraw from the Paris Agreement on climate change has also been cited as a reason for their resignation...
STATE EDITIONSView All
22 Aug 2017 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
Development work of Rewa Mega Ultra Solar Plant project is moving at a healthy pace as developers have been provided with the requisite Facilities, said Principal Secretary of New and Renewable Energy Manu Shrivastava at the first consultation meeting on August 18 at Rewa Mega Ultra Solar Limited Bhopal. In the meeting Shrivastava discussed with the developers on providing of 90 per cent land for development, establishment of around 60-70 per cent...