- Chidambaram attacks BJP over deleting dialogues in 'Mersal'
- PM to visit poll-bound Gujarat tomorrow
- Srikanth stuns Axelsen; Saina, Prannoy lose in Denmark Open
- Meeting Dalai Lama major offence, China warns world leaders
- Missing Pak journalist recovered after two years
- Irani hits back at Rahul Gandhi for tweet on Jay Shah
Debutantes Blaze a trail
India Fashion Week introduces first cut designers with their exclusive range inspired by contemporary elements. By Palak Sharma
I took my inspiration from my grandmother. I believe in slow fashion that is why slow fashion movement by me is mainly focused on Khadi and Lenin that are all hand-made. The dye we have used to colour the clothes is chemical free and takes eight to nine days to complete a saree,” says Suparna Som.
For this collection, she took inspiration from ‘Spring Summer 18 Trend Report’ in which she featured Safari Suits, Nehru Kurta with a feminine touch. The pants under her label have the influence of the street fashion style. Despite having a fulltime job, this Kolkata based designer has commenced her own label in February. Suprna Som’s label is available only on custom-based demands.
Fakhri adds glamour
Nargis Fakhri, who walked the ramp for Unleashed, a New York based clothing line introduced in India featured designs carved from the local township of Baraily in Madhya Pradesh. The label brings to attention the Indie element of Bindi encircled with embellishments on trousers, pants, shirts, hoodies and t-shirts on warm colours giving a jazzy look. The mind behind these designs is a New York based fashion expert who has been giving an edge and space to Indian artisans to be at par with modern age fashion.
The young designer’s promising collection gives a new statement to the traditional ways of draping a saree. She has refurbished the Kantha embroidery style on traditional Khadi and cotton fabrics and has used organic colours for her fusion garments that boasts sarees and shirts in the floral range.
Aureole collection featured a range of harmonised designs to bring out the elegance of luxurious hand spun khadi and silk, with round patches and horizontal lines. The designers used bold colours to give definition to their designs in sober colours with fabric that’s both cozy and light.
The label depicts simplicity with luxury that can be a takeaway for Sunday brunches to evening parties.
- ‚ÄėDon't know if I'll become full-time actress in future‚Äô 21 Oct 2017 | Pioneer
- Art of a yogi 21 Oct 2017 | Pioneer
- Right to Vote 21 Oct 2017 | Kritika Dua
- Chopra calls out Big Boys‚Äô Club in Bollywood 21 Oct 2017 | Pioneer
- Time to have some fun 21 Oct 2017 | Saimi Sattar
- Nailing it with laughter 21 Oct 2017 | Kritika Dua
- Get Set Go! 19 Oct 2017 | Kritika Dua
- AAI felicitated with ACI-ASQ Award 19 Oct 2017 | Pioneer
- bis meeting 19 Oct 2017 | Pioneer
- Home Improvement 19 Oct 2017 | Pioneer
Sunday EditionView All
15 Oct 2017 | IANS | Mumbai
Coming out in support of young victims of social media trolls, Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) President Sharad Pawar on Saturday exhorted them to speak out against the wrong policies of the Government and oppose growing incidents of intolerance and fascism across India. In an unique initiative, Pawar met around 35 youngsters who have been threatened on social media and/or booked by police for speaking out their minds against the Government and...
STATE EDITIONSView All
21 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
A three-day film festival based on renowned filmmaker Kundan Shah will be organised in city. The film festival is all about the movies by Kundan Shah...