Gujarat girl for Antarctica expedition
Aanya, a 13-year-old student from Ahmedabad is the youngest Indian to ever get selected for the prestigious annual annual Antarctica Expedition organised to spread awareness about the effects of climate change. The Climate Force: 2018 Antarctica Expedition by the 2041 foundation is headed by Sir Robert Swan. The Climate Force expedition will enable her to become a part of a vast movement of change leaders from across the globe. It is scheduled to be held from February 27 to March 12, 2018. Every year 80 people are chosen for this expedition with a hope that they will harness a change at the community and corporate level and spread awareness about the effects of climate change.
For this expedition to happen, she requires a total of 28 lakh out of which she is raising 10 lakh through crowd funding. Aanya has taken the unconventional route to make her dream a reality. She hopes to inspire other students by creating awareness about climate change.
At such a young age, she has taken the weight of climate change on her shoulders and wishes to make a difference. She says “I plan to bring back learning, a strong narrative, knowledge and real-time observations of Climate Change to build effective solutions to combat the effects in our communities in India.”
“I will come back being a mascot of 2041 Foundation and create awareness to build a better world. I want to promote sustainability as part of our lives,” she added. Aanya is a class 8 student, presently studying in Sahyadri School, Pune.
- Corporate Briefs 24 May 2018 | Team Viva
- Gift for moms 24 May 2018 | Team Viva
- New hydro power project 24 May 2018 | Team Viva
- Treasuring the dignity of older people 24 May 2018 | Team Viva
- Centre unveils model act on contract farming 24 May 2018 | Radha Mohan Singh
- I‚Äôm not a feminist, I am a human: Kareena 24 May 2018 | IANS
- A pride parade 24 May 2018 | Team Viva
- Trend Blazer 24 May 2018 | Team Viva
- Taj Sixth on Global List 24 May 2018 | Team Viva
- Watch out 22 May 2018 | Team Viva
Sunday EditionView All
20 May 2018 | PNS
New Delhi: “Now, let us enjoy our holidays,” this is how the Supreme Court concluded the hearing on the Karnataka power row on Saturday. The courtroom burst into a bout of laughter as Justice AK Sikri, who headed the three-judge Bench, made the jovial remark ...