- Militant, among 3 killed in J&K forest shootout
- 15 dead Maoists fished out of Maharashtra river; toll 37
- Saroj Khan backs casting couch, says film industry 'at least' gives jobs
- Pakistan hockey hero seeks heart transplant in India
- India strongly raises terrorism issue at SCO FMs' meet in China
- Trump admin toughens H1-B visa procedure
- PM launches Rashtriya Gram Swaraj Abhiyan
- Kathua rape-murder: Cop, SPO arrested by SIT move J-K HC
India most important: Vidya
Indo-American singer and YouTube sensation Vidya Iyer, famously known as Vidya Vox feels India holds an important place globally more than ever as many Indian musicians settled abroad are letting the world know about the country’s music and culture through their work.
“India is more important in the world, more than ever. There are so many talented artists and musicians who are of Indian origin and grew up in different parts of the world, paying homage to their roots. By doing that, more parts of the world are learning about India and Indian music and culture,” Vidya said. She is currently seen in a music video by brand Global Desi owned by designer Anita Dongre.
The ace designer is collaborating with women music artistes for her #VoiceYourStyle maiden music property that has been launched under her boho chic fashion label and will celebrate India in the best way possible.
Vidya has created an exclusive song track called Minnale, whose video also reflects the vibe of the brand. Minnale means lighting in Tamil. The song is in English and Tamil and merges western pop with electronic dance music.
Vidya says that there was such an infectious energy on set and everyone was genuinely having a great time while shooting.
“Especially all of the scenes where the dancers and I are grooving together, it was a party! I have always been fascinated by the idea of lightning. I love how it can be powerful and beautiful at the same time. Shankar Tucker directed this video and he really wanted to have a contrast between urban LA (Los Angeles) landscapes with the colourful clothes and energy of the dancing. It took a while to plan and do the video and I couldn’t be happier by the way it turned out,” said Vidya.
Vidya was born in Chennai and raised in the US and is known for blending songs from both countries. So does this define her identity too — mix of both the world?
“It definitely is the source of my identity and the reason why I do the music I do. I embraced that side of me fully. The Indian music is amazing these days — so many people who share similar backgrounds to me are making amazing music that is true to their story and I’m so excited to be able to have such amazing peers,” said Vidya.Vidya brings together influences of her Indian-American heritage to create music
- Watch out 24 Apr 2018 | Pioneer
- MARGINAL WORTH 24 Apr 2018 | Kritika Dua
- Society‚Äôs paradox 24 Apr 2018 | Ramya Palisetty
- Wonder women 24 Apr 2018 | Uma Nair
- Cool countdown 24 Apr 2018 | Narendra Kumar
- Trend blazer 24 Apr 2018 | Pioneer
- Constant craving 24 Apr 2018 | Ramya Palisetty
- Indian travellers loosen their purse strings 24 Apr 2018 | PTI
- Take up the vagus nerve challenge 23 Apr 2018 | Nischai Vats
- Re-establish the Garden of Eden 23 Apr 2018 | Rajyogi Brahmakumar Nikunj
Sunday EditionView All
22 Apr 2018 | PTI | Ahmedabad
A mild tremor measuring 3.7 on the Richter scale was felt in parts of south Gujarat, including Bharuch and Surat districts, though no damage was reported, officials said...
STATE EDITIONSView All
24 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
The first meeting of Acharya Shankar Ekta Nyas was held under the chairmanship of Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan on Monday at Chief Minister’s residence. Discussion on setting up statue, museum, institution establishment, premises construction, architectural style and vision, rules of the trust, administrative requirements, financial management and formation of executive committee was held in the meeting...