- P V Sindhu enters semifinals of All England Championship.
- Centre tells SC it will not damage Ram Sethu for shipping channel project
- Andhra CM targets PMO, alleges conspiracy
- 'TDP's exit signals opportunity for BJP to grow in Andhra'
- Bhagwant Mann resigns as AAP Punjab chief
- TDP quits NDA; to move no-confidence motion
Korean bowl mash
Hahn’s Kitchen will go to any extent to keep its fare authentic and healthy. Team Viva reports
“We Koreans believe that if an illness cannot be treated by healthy food, the illness cannot be treated at all,” chef Muil Son told us while serving his authentic fare.
Located at One Horizon in Gurgaon, Hahn’s Kitchen aims to present traditional Korean cuisine in a contemporary setting. There are few places that serve this cuisine in Delhi and we were most excited to try this place. Given the unoffensive decor, the restaurant is a lovely venue for a dinner date. We were served Modum Tuigim, which is the Korean version of the classic tempura, except in an even lighter, airy batter that stars a fine melange of prawns, peppers and sweet potatoes. The prawns were crispy and very non oily in nature that made them dissolve in your mouth, especially with a soy sauce dip that made it the star dish of the evening.
As we proceeded, we were served the staple Korean dish Bibimbap meaning “mixed rice.” The tangy tamarind rice bowl had minced chicken tossed in hoisin sauce, served with assorted vegetables in spicy and pungent gochujang chilli paste, slices of cucumber and creamy gochujang mayo. It was finished with a fried egg on the top.
We were then served Bulgabi pork whose sweet and spicy marinade would make it acceptable to even those who are not usually fans of this meat. The ginger added a nice kick and removed the gamey smell and taste. Besides being a great digestive.
The menu was laden with heavy proteins, all cooked healthy, and accompanied with generous amounts of vegetables. Talking about the difficulty in maintaining authenticity, the chef added, “It is difficult to procure original Korean spices but we painstakingly do so as we do not want to compromise on taste.”
The serving size is huge, so order carefully as you may end up wasting food which is not a good practice in any culture, particularly Korean. With very reasonable pricing, Hahn’s Kitchen offers something new and is a must try for everyone who is looking for a tastier and healthier solution for outdoor eating.
- Irrfan Khan diagnosed with a rare tumour 17 Mar 2018 | Team Viva
- ‚ÄėMelody without rhythm is lifeless‚Äô 17 Mar 2018 | Shailaja Khanna
- Breaking the omerta 17 Mar 2018 | Upasana Singh
- SUSTAINABILITY CLAUSE 17 Mar 2018 | Team Viva
- How to humanise tech 17 Mar 2018 | Team Viva
- Return of the actor 17 Mar 2018 | Saimi Sattar
- Inspired delights 16 Mar 2018 | Saimi Sattar
- The road less travelled 16 Mar 2018 | Jugal Hansraj
- MAGICAL PRIESTESS 16 Mar 2018 | Pioneer
- B&W still good 16 Mar 2018 | Upasana Singh
Sunday EditionView All
18 Mar 2018 | VR Jayaraj | Kochi
Kerala’s Catholic Church has declared war on the CPI(M)-led LDF Government over its new liquor policy by which liquor outlets including bars could be opened in almost all panchayats in the State. The new policy also paves way for the reopening of almost all the bars that were closed down in 2014 as part of the then Government’s policy envisaging implementation of Prohibition in ten years’ time through phases...
STATE EDITIONSView All
18 Mar 2018 | PNS | Chandigarh
Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal on Saturday said that the previous governments indulged in the business of illegally acquiring lands with ulterior motives and with the intent of having their own cut. “This was done not only in Rohtak but in the entire state...