- Almost USD 30 million seized in raids linked to Malaysian ex-PM
- Samsung must pay Apple $539mn in patent lawsuit: US court
- HDK faces floor test today; expected to sail through
- Special NIA court convicts five IM militants in Bodh Gaya serial blasts case
- Two men detonate explosive device at Indian restaurant in Canada; 15 injured
Modi to inaugurate maiden National Tribal Carnival
Prime Minister Narendra Modi will inaugurate First National Tribal Carnival in Delhi on October 25, 2016. This was announced by Union Tribal Affairs Minister, Jual Oram in New Delhi, while addressing a press conference. He said the main purpose of this carnival is to promote a sense of inclusiveness amongst the tribals. Oram said the carnival will showcase and promote various facets of tribal culture on a large scale.
The Minister said, “The underlying idea is to preserve and promote various facets of the tribal life relating to culture, tradition, customs and their skills and to expose it to the general public with a view to utilising the potential for overall holistic development of the Scheduled Tribes.” Activities like displaying documents on traditional socio-culture aspects, exhibition of art/artifacts, cultural performances, demonstration of skills like sports, paintings, traditional healing practices etc. will be part of the four day event. The Minister said, “Workshop on issues like Panchayats (Extension to the Scheduled Areas) Act, 1996 (PESA)- its implementation, benefit to tribal community and its drawbacks, Forest Rights Act (FRA) 2006 and its implications and reservation in politics and recruitment will also be part of the carnival”.
Oram informed that the events during the carnival will be a mix of live musical and dance performances, exhibitions, display of craft, fashion show, panel discussion, book fair etc. The carnival promises to be a mix of art, music, traditional food and one of its kind of non-stop venue for lively entertainment of India’s traditional tribal way of life full of experience and knowledge. Oram said, “I have personally spoken to all tribal MPs, Central and State Tribal Ministers and formal Ministers and have invited them to the Carnival”. The Minister said about 1600 tribal artists and around 15000 tribal delegates from across the country are expected to take part in the carnival. Beside, eminent tribal personalities who have excelled in various field i.e sports, art and culture, literature, academic, medicine etc. have also been invited.
- Tender touch 25 May 2018 | Pioneer
- Experiments with traditional cooking 25 May 2018 | Team Viva
- Cat among the pigeons 25 May 2018 | Kushan Mitra
- no more Sprouts? 25 May 2018 | Pioneer
- Trend blazer 25 May 2018 | Pioneer
- Never say die 25 May 2018 | Divya Giri
- A helpful father equals a happy mom 25 May 2018 | Pioneer
- Corporate Briefs 24 May 2018 | Team Viva
- Gift for moms 24 May 2018 | Team Viva
- New hydro power project 24 May 2018 | Team Viva
Sunday EditionView All
20 May 2018 | PNS
New Delhi: “Now, let us enjoy our holidays,” this is how the Supreme Court concluded the hearing on the Karnataka power row on Saturday. The courtroom burst into a bout of laughter as Justice AK Sikri, who headed the three-judge Bench, made the jovial remark ...
STATE EDITIONSView All
25 May 2018 | Santosh Narayan | Ranchi
When Prime Minister Narendra Modi during his Jharkhand visit on Friday sits with the Deputy Commissioners and officials of the 19 aspirational districts it would boost hope of speedy development of the areas that have been in the red zone. It is learnt that all the DCs concerned have been told to be ready with crisp presentations highlighting not only the good works done in their areas identified but also...