- In Modi, Trump has a leader he can truly work with: experts
- Monsoon session of Parliament from July 17 to Aug 11
- Over 140 people feared buried in China landslide
- Modi to be first world leader to have WH dinner with Trump
- DU announces first cut-off list
- Srikanth reaches 3rd successive Super Series final
- Modi embarks on three-nation tour
Modi to inaugurate maiden National Tribal Carnival
Prime Minister Narendra Modi will inaugurate First National Tribal Carnival in Delhi on October 25, 2016. This was announced by Union Tribal Affairs Minister, Jual Oram in New Delhi, while addressing a press conference. He said the main purpose of this carnival is to promote a sense of inclusiveness amongst the tribals. Oram said the carnival will showcase and promote various facets of tribal culture on a large scale.
The Minister said, “The underlying idea is to preserve and promote various facets of the tribal life relating to culture, tradition, customs and their skills and to expose it to the general public with a view to utilising the potential for overall holistic development of the Scheduled Tribes.” Activities like displaying documents on traditional socio-culture aspects, exhibition of art/artifacts, cultural performances, demonstration of skills like sports, paintings, traditional healing practices etc. will be part of the four day event. The Minister said, “Workshop on issues like Panchayats (Extension to the Scheduled Areas) Act, 1996 (PESA)- its implementation, benefit to tribal community and its drawbacks, Forest Rights Act (FRA) 2006 and its implications and reservation in politics and recruitment will also be part of the carnival”.
Oram informed that the events during the carnival will be a mix of live musical and dance performances, exhibitions, display of craft, fashion show, panel discussion, book fair etc. The carnival promises to be a mix of art, music, traditional food and one of its kind of non-stop venue for lively entertainment of India’s traditional tribal way of life full of experience and knowledge. Oram said, “I have personally spoken to all tribal MPs, Central and State Tribal Ministers and formal Ministers and have invited them to the Carnival”. The Minister said about 1600 tribal artists and around 15000 tribal delegates from across the country are expected to take part in the carnival. Beside, eminent tribal personalities who have excelled in various field i.e sports, art and culture, literature, academic, medicine etc. have also been invited.
- Entangled but sorted 24 Jun 2017 | Pioneer
- 8 fan theories that passed the litmus test 24 Jun 2017 | Pioneer
- Design psychologist 24 Jun 2017 | Satyabhan Singh
- How to deal with the real steal 24 Jun 2017 | Pioneer
- Punjab with no borders 23 Jun 2017 | Team Viva
- Unbottling the gourd 23 Jun 2017 | Pioneer
- Mango: Queen of the season 23 Jun 2017 | Aakriti Narang
- Trend blazer 23 Jun 2017 | Pioneer
- A pleasant surprise from Honda 23 Jun 2017 | Kushan Mitra
- Magic moves 23 Jun 2017 | Angela Paljor
Sunday EditionView All
18 Jun 2017 | Staff Reporter | New Delhi
A police team, along with sniffer dogs, scanned the whole area of Bonta Park in Civil Lines on Saturday morning to get some clue about a woman murdered by her husband on Friday. After 12 hours search operation, police were able to find the body identified as Komal...
STATE EDITIONSView All
24 Jun 2017 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
A farmer committed suicide in Chhatarpur district, allegedly due to over burdened with debt. While the family of Raghuvir Yadav, (27) alleged that he took the extreme step due to his mounting debt, the police said a family dispute led him to end his life...