- Always wanted to join the Army: Gen Bipin Rawat
- Russian interference had no impact on US presidential polls: Trump
- PM Modi holds 'substantiative' talks with Iran Prez
- Arvinder Singh Lovely rejoins Congress
- CBI arrests 2 PNB officials, authorised signatory of Nirav Modi company
- Cheating case: Developer DS Kulkarni detained in Delhi
- Sex ratio at birth dips in 17 of 21 large states, Guj records 53 points fall
- I don't feel like competing with anyone: Kohli
- Poll candidates must disclose source of income: SC
- CBI approaches Interpol to locate Nirav Modi
- SC reduces TN's Cauvery water share
Patna Airport gets a makeover
The Airports Authority of India is constructing a new state-of -the-art terminal building with passenger handling capacity of 4.5 million at the cost of Rs 800 crores in order to meet the ever increasing passenger traffic at Patna airport. The airport was originally designed for handling 0.7 million passengers. With the tremendous growth in aviation in the past few years, the airport has handled 2.11 million passengers in the year 2016-17. I
The construction work for the new terminal building will start from April, 2018. This new terminal building at Patna Airport will take care of 2250 passengers during peak hour.
In addition to this, a new terminal building at Bihita with a passenger handling capacity of 5 million is also planned at the total cost of Rs 800 crores. The work for construction will commence from September, 2018.
Meanwhile, Airport Director, Patna, has taken various steps to ease the congestion in terminal building and Security Hold Area (SHA). A temporary structure with seating capacity of 300 passengers has been erected outside the terminal building. Additional frisking booth has been added in security check which is operational during peak hours. The work for the expansion of SHA on the first floor will be completed by March 2018. It will also include an additional boarding gate which will be operational from February 2018.
- Fluttering high 17 Feb 2018 | Pioneer
- Netaji‚Äôs posthumous woes 17 Feb 2018 | Saatvik Jha
- Relationships in the digital era 17 Feb 2018 | Upasana Singh
- A COMPLETE TRANSFORMATION 17 Feb 2018 | IANS
- Words in rhythm 17 Feb 2018 | Kritika Dua
- Mindful meals 16 Feb 2018 | Pioneer
- Manipuri for every palate 16 Feb 2018 | Pioneer
- Pretty Pussycat 16 Feb 2018 | Kushan Mitra
- Trend Blazer 16 Feb 2018 | Pioneer
- Power woman 16 Feb 2018 | Pioneer
Sunday EditionView All
18 Feb 2018 | IANS | Jaipur
At least nine persons were killed and 18 others injured when two LPG cylinders exploded at a wedding in Beawar in Rajasthan's Ajmer district, police said on Saturday. According to police, six persons were referred to a hospital in Ajmer while 12 were referred to the district hospital in Beawar...
STATE EDITIONSView All
18 Feb 2018 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
Madhya Pradesh Government has worked with dedication in education, health, food, agriculture, irrigation and tribal welfare, said Public Relations Minister Narottam Mishra while addressing public meeting during campaigning for Kolaras by-election. Minister Mishra addressed meetings at Khatorda, Barod, Hairpur, Emloda and Toria regions...