- S Africa widens hunt for Zuma allies to India, China
- India best placed to leverage technology: PM
- DMK to convene 'all-party' meet on Cauvery issue
- Pak charges Rs 2.86L as route navigation charges on PM flights
- Mentally challenged person shot dead near J&K Air Force station
- FIR against Rotomac promoter for Rs 800 cr bank fraud: CBI
- PNB fraud fallout: CBI seals Brady House Branch in Mumbai
PC sexiest Asian woman: Poll
Actress Priyanka Chopra has been named the world’s sexiest Asian woman for a record-breaking fifth time and dethroned Deepika Padukone, who topped the globally renowned long-running list in UK based newspaper Eastern Eye in 2016. This rounds off another dream year for the actress, which saw her make incredible strides internationally with the release of debut Hollywood feature Baywatch, another People’s Choice Award for her acclaimed TV serial Quantico and signing further high profile films in the west. She also continued to make strides as a producer and was one of the hottest Indian stars on social media, crossing 20 million followers on Instagram. “I cannot actually take credit for this at all. Full credit should be given to my genetics and your optics! Thank you Eastern Eye and to everyone who voted for me to be Asia's Sexiest Woman, for what I'm told is a record breaking number of times! I feel grateful and am humbled. Consistency is key,” said Chopra.
Now in it’s 14th year the list is based on many millions of votes sent in by fans around the world, media coverage, impact and heat generated across various social media platforms. The mass interest in the 2017 edition of the list was such that it was trending on Twitter across different countries including India during the voting process. Eastern Eye’s Entertainment editor Asjad Nazir, who founded the list and puts it together annually, said: “Chopra has become an incredible international ambassador for India and is smashing through glass ceilings all over the world. Apart from being courageous enough to fly into the unknown professionally, she has also done a lot of work for social causes, become a strong symbol for girl power and is making a young generation have big dreams. She is the perfect mix of beauty, brains, bravery and a kind heart.”
Small screen beauty Nia Sharma came in second and held onto her position as the sexiest television star in the list. The talented actress was thrilled to be second after her inspiration Chopra. “I dare to dream of reaching where Priyanka Chopra is one day. But seeing my name next to her in the list is no less a dream and struck me with a frenzied happiness. Yes, it’s a TV girl who is weird, fierce, bizarre, wannabe or whatever names they call her. I owe my fans this joy and want to share it with them despite not being able to digest the development,” said Nia Sharma.
Last year’s winner Deepika Padukone came in third, the crown princess of Bollywood Alia Bhatt was fourth and popular Pakistani star Mahira Khan was fifth in the list.
- Installing a message board 20 Feb 2018 | Upasana Singh
- Woodcuts 20 Feb 2018 | Pioneer
- Hands of grace 20 Feb 2018 | Uma Nair
- ‚ÄėClassical music must be heard from class I‚Äô 20 Feb 2018 | Shailaja Khanna
- Trend Blazer 20 Feb 2018 | Pioneer
- Tour De VINTAGE 20 Feb 2018 | Pioneer
- Realistic portrait of adolescence 20 Feb 2018 | Greta Gerwig
- Triumph of the thriller 20 Feb 2018 | Pioneer
- Into the blues 20 Feb 2018 | Saatvik Jha
- How emotions affect our body 19 Feb 2018 | Rajyogi Brahmkumar Nikunj
Sunday EditionView All
18 Feb 2018 | Gwynne Dyer
Now that Jacob Zuma has finally exited, the African National Congress, which has fallen a long way from its glory days, has one last chance to rebuild its reputation before next year’s election. Whether the ANC is the best bet for South Africans is a different question altogether As a passer-by in the upscale Johannesburg suburb of Saxonwold observed, the South African Police would never have raided the enormous, high-walled compound...
STATE EDITIONSView All
20 Feb 2018 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
Patidar Anamat Andolan Samiti (PAAS) leader Hardik Patel on Monday said that the fight in Madhya Pradesh is not between BJP and Congress but the ruling party against the citizens. Before participating in the Samajik Chetna rally, talking to media persons here on Monday, Patel said, “Chief Minister in Madhya Pradesh is called Mama (uncle) but we don’t want a Shakuni Mama...