- Rahul slams PM Modi for attacking Manmohan Singh
- UK: Mallya trial to hear evidence from political expert
- Govt takeover of Unitech: NCLT should have taken our leave, SC
- Modi takes sea-plane from Sabarmati to visit Ambaji Temple
- NY attack: Trump says urgent need to fix 'lax' immigration
- Three soldiers missing as avalanche hits forward post in J-K
Sahil Kochhar’s collection, Rooh is an ensemble of innumerable mystical, mythological and mythical tales
The Spring/Summer 2018 collection titled, Rooh (soul) draws its inspiration from the Soul of the Jungle. “The Jungles of India have since forever been my object of curiosity and have had innumerable mystical, mythological and mythical tales attached to it,” shared Kochhar.
For the designer, the mystique of the jungle is translated into their signature artworks, which are brought to life by their unconventional textures and surfaces. “Jungle silhouettes are rendered in Ivory applique on translucent organza, exotic wild flowers come alive with silk floss 3D embroidery ivory f-land cut 3D applique creates surreal foliage right out of an enchanted forest.”
Talking about the colour palette he said, “it’s a pristine ivory, carefully combined with champagne rose and Cashmere blue speckled with ivory dots. The silhouettes have a romantic and ethereal presence, exuding femininity with a hint of androgyny.
“Also the combination of fabrics create a subtle play of opaque and translucent, with voluminous paneled chanderi and organza jackets worn over appliqued dresses, translucent gowns and tops with scalloped hems ornamented with silk floss embroidery and ivory grids created with dots and flowers, all finished with our signature serrated edging.”
This collection like all his other works symbolises the beauty that surrounds us. Its our constant endeavor to explore these horizons and in the process create beautiful works of art through our craft.
- In the footsteps of a master 12 Dec 2017 | Uma Nair
- Fathers and sons 12 Dec 2017 | Utpal K Banerjee
- Trend blazer 12 Dec 2017 | Pioneer
- Songs of experience 12 Dec 2017 | Kritika Dua
- Mid-air code 12 Dec 2017 | Team Viva
- Peace mission stuck to purpose 11 Dec 2017 | Team Viva
- God is universal 11 Dec 2017 | Rajyogi Brahmkumar Nikunj
- Rise in teen suicide, social media coincide 11 Dec 2017 | Team Viva
- Trend blazer 11 Dec 2017 | Agencies
- Vintage ride 11 Dec 2017 | Kritika Dua
Sunday EditionView All
10 Dec 2017 | AFP | Seoul
North Korea blamed US "nuclear blackmail" for soaring tensions over its weapons programme in rare meetings with a senior UN official, but agreed to regular communication with the organisation, state media said today. Jeffrey Feltman arrived in Beijing today after wrapping up a five-day visit to Pyongyang aimed at defusing the crisis, just a week after North Korea said it test-fired a new ballistic missile capable of reaching the United States...
STATE EDITIONSView All
12 Dec 2017 | Staff Reporter | Raipur
After revised notification by DOPT, the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) has registered the case in the 'sex CD' matter. According to official sources in Police Headquarters, the notification of the DOPT dated December 7 reached the PHQ on Monday...