- Militant, among 3 killed in J&K forest shootout
- 15 dead Maoists fished out of Maharashtra river; toll 37
- Saroj Khan backs casting couch, says film industry 'at least' gives jobs
- Pakistan hockey hero seeks heart transplant in India
- India strongly raises terrorism issue at SCO FMs' meet in China
- Trump admin toughens H1-B visa procedure
- PM launches Rashtriya Gram Swaraj Abhiyan
- Kathua rape-murder: Cop, SPO arrested by SIT move J-K HC
Shweta to launch debut novel in October
Bollywood megastar Amitabh Bachchan’s daughter Shweta Bachchan-Nandas debut novel, Paradise Towers, a heart-warming slice-of-life novel set in an apartment building in Mumbai, will have a multi city launch in October.
“The idea for Paradise Towers came to me one morning on waking up. This is not unnatural for me. I come from a family of storytellers. As children, we were encouraged to write and read and our imaginations were given a free reign,” said Shweta.
“The concept of a book and the actual writing of it are two very different things. Writing this story down was daunting. Lots of second guessing and labouring over words made up the process. I am excited to have my first book published but I am also anxious to know what the readers think of the microcosm that is Paradise Towers, and I hope they would come to be as invested in the lives of its inhabitants as I have come to be,” she added.
Also, HarperCollins India announced that it has acquired the Indian subcontinent rights for Paradise Towers. The acquisition includes a second work of fiction, due to be published in 2020.
- Watch out 24 Apr 2018 | Pioneer
- MARGINAL WORTH 24 Apr 2018 | Kritika Dua
- Society‚Äôs paradox 24 Apr 2018 | Ramya Palisetty
- Wonder women 24 Apr 2018 | Uma Nair
- Cool countdown 24 Apr 2018 | Narendra Kumar
- Trend blazer 24 Apr 2018 | Pioneer
- Constant craving 24 Apr 2018 | Ramya Palisetty
- Indian travellers loosen their purse strings 24 Apr 2018 | PTI
- Take up the vagus nerve challenge 23 Apr 2018 | Nischai Vats
- Re-establish the Garden of Eden 23 Apr 2018 | Rajyogi Brahmakumar Nikunj
Sunday EditionView All
22 Apr 2018 | PTI | Ahmedabad
A mild tremor measuring 3.7 on the Richter scale was felt in parts of south Gujarat, including Bharuch and Surat districts, though no damage was reported, officials said...
STATE EDITIONSView All
24 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
The first meeting of Acharya Shankar Ekta Nyas was held under the chairmanship of Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan on Monday at Chief Minister’s residence. Discussion on setting up statue, museum, institution establishment, premises construction, architectural style and vision, rules of the trust, administrative requirements, financial management and formation of executive committee was held in the meeting...