- Modi must raise H-1B visa issue with Trump: Indians in US
- 123 killed, 100 injured as oil tanker explodes in Pak
- Super Srikanth lifts Australian Open Super Series
- In Modi, Trump has a leader he can truly work with: experts
- Monsoon session of Parliament from July 17 to Aug 11
- Over 140 people feared buried in China landslide
- Modi to be first world leader to have WH dinner with Trump
- DU announces first cut-off list
- Srikanth reaches 3rd successive Super Series final
- Modi embarks on three-nation tour
Straight off the ramp
Day Two and Three of the ongoing fashion week saw an array of designs
Designer Anupama Dayal promoted forests of Mangar village in tropical hues using fabrics like Chanderi silk at Amazon India Fashion Week Autumn Winter 2017. The ramp might be simple but Dayal’s colourful and eye pleasing collection brought life to the stage.
Accessories made out of gota made a statement of their own in silver, golden and bronze. The palate ranged from parakeet green, poison ivy, daffodil yellow to shades of indigo , burgundy and raisin. Ranging from over coats to simple dresses, the designers churned out a very wearable collection.
“We have romanced intense florals. We have also tried to incorporate learning from the life of a forest dweller often the wandering nomad. Light, wearable in multiple ways, several uses, easy to travel with, feminine enough to win hearts...strong enough to pass on to the next generation,” she said.
Rina’s collection consisted off-shoulder sheath, crochet mesh, sequins, velvet lapels, layered dresses, plaid jackets, chiffon plisse dress, knitted jackets, long gowns and tartan frill dress.
Vaani Kapoor walked the ramp for designer Rina Dhaka and the newly launched mobile brand. Clad in a jet black faux fur, body-hugging, floor-touching dress, Vaani walked the ramp in smokey eyed makeup.
With the colour palette predominately in the hues of black with few shades of grey, the collection had a dark mood set in and has been inspired by the after-life, the departure of one’s soul from the existing body. The garments were very structured with severe silhouettes and sharp cuts all weaved together beautifully. Its an effortless fusion of the classic with quirky. On-ramp collection offered insights into these creative ideas of juxtaposing the use of crystal application along with the use of surface embellishments, metal hardware with contrasting patchwork and applique work.
Delicately sculptured skirts, quaint pashmina blouses, tribal gilets, asymmetric kurtas and deftly composed saris were juxtaposed with scaled metal details, luxe stone embellishments and appliqués to give a dimension of modernism in ‘Charukesha’. An opulent twist is conjured by interweaving motifs that adorn the architectural realms of Khiva in the collection. The palette descends rapidly through the iridescence of indigo and into an impermanence of blue, as pansy purples and turquoise are greeted by a contradiction of anthracite and eggshell
Photos: Pankaj Kumar
- Entangled but sorted 24 Jun 2017 | Pioneer
- 8 fan theories that passed the litmus test 24 Jun 2017 | Pioneer
- Design psychologist 24 Jun 2017 | Satyabhan Singh
- How to deal with the real steal 24 Jun 2017 | Pioneer
- Punjab with no borders 23 Jun 2017 | Team Viva
- Unbottling the gourd 23 Jun 2017 | Pioneer
- Mango: Queen of the season 23 Jun 2017 | Aakriti Narang
- Trend blazer 23 Jun 2017 | Pioneer
- A pleasant surprise from Honda 23 Jun 2017 | Kushan Mitra
- Magic moves 23 Jun 2017 | Angela Paljor
Sunday EditionView All
25 Jun 2017 | Shipra Parashar/ Srishti Garg | New Delhi
With Delhi University declaring its first cut-off list on Friday, SGTB Khalsa college came out with the highest 99.66 per cent for BSc (Hons) Electronics...
STATE EDITIONSView All
25 Jun 2017 | PNS | Dehradun
A regimented protocol of ‘Fast Track Bypass surgeries’ in which a patient can get discharged in three days has been initiated by the Max hospital here. Addressing media persons Senior Consultant Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgery (CTVS), Dr Manish Meswani said that Coronary Artery Bypass Graft Surgery (CABG) involves counselling of patient and fast tracking the conventional processes...