- PM hails soldiers who participated in 1971 Indo-Pak war
- Politics being used to crush people; Congress will defeat politics of hate: Rahul Gandhi
- Rahul will lead the party with courage, dedication: Sonia
- Body of JeM terrorist found from Pulwama dist in JK: Police
- Mizoram becomes third power-surplus state in NE: PM Modi
- Coalscam: Ex-Jharkhand CM Koda, former coal secy get 3 yr jail
- Rahul Gandhi takes charge as Congress president
Trial sees video of Kim Jong-Nam on stretcher
Shah Alam: Footage of the North Korean leader’s half-brother being wheeled out of a Malaysian airport on a stretcher after being poisoned was shown at the trial of his alleged killers on Wednesday.
‘Worst-case Brexit would ground all flights’
London: Britain’s Finance Minister says a worst-case Brexit scenario could see all air traffic between the UK and the European Union grounded the day after Britain leaves the bloc on March 29, 2019.
Activist held for calling Mugabe dead man walking
Harare: A Zimbabwean activist has been arrested after calling 93-year-old President Robert Mugabe “a dead man walking”, lawyers said today, in the latest case of authorities cracking down on dissent.
Triple suicide attack near Damascus police HQ
Damascus: Three suicide bombers blew themselves up near the main police HQ building in Syria’s capital Damascus on Wednesday, killing at least two people, Interior Ministry said.
Syrian opp filmmaker ‘stabbed in Istanbul’
Istanbul: A Syrian filmmaker close to the opposition who made a film about a notorious regime prison was stabbed by an unknown assailant in Istanbul.
FBI searches home of missing toddler in US
Houston: The FBI has searched the home of a 3-year-old Indian girl who is missing since Saturday when her foster father reportedly sent her outside around 3 am as punishment for not drinking her milk.
UK Prime Minister urges US rethink on Iran
London: British Prime Minister Theresa May is urging the United States to extend the Iran nuclear deal, saying it is “vitally important for regional security.”
Small asteroid set to flyby Earth
Washington: A small asteroid is scheduled to safely pass by Earth on Thursday at a distance of about 42,000 km, allowing trackers around the world to test their ability to operate as an international asteroid warning network.
- NASA scientists to survey unexplored stretch of Antarctic ice 16 Dec 2017 | PNS
- Tiny robots that think, act like insects in offing 16 Dec 2017 | PTI
- Third Palestinian shot dead in clashes Jerusalem: Health Min 16 Dec 2017 | AFP
- China plans remote sensing satellites over SCS 16 Dec 2017 | PTI
- Trump thanks Putin for praising his performance 16 Dec 2017 | S Rajagopalan
- Globe Trotting 16 Dec 2017 | Agencies
- EU opens next Brexit phase, warns of tough talks 16 Dec 2017 | AFP
- US offers proof of Iran supply of missiles to Yemen rebels 16 Dec 2017 | S Rajagopalan
- WH: FBI records show ‚Äėextreme bias‚Äô against Trump 16 Dec 2017 | AP
- Most believe Trump trying to obstruct Russia probe: Poll 16 Dec 2017 | PNS
Sunday EditionView All
STATE EDITIONSView All
17 Dec 2017 | PNS | Dehradun
The universities need to take a fresh look at their curricula as well as pedagogy while promoting research works, suggested the Governor Krishan Kant Paul while addressing scholars and faculty members during the convocation ceremony of the DIT University here on Saturday. Terming the universities as ‘gloried colleges’ in absence of any research activity, he said that excellence and quality are a must for education...