Indian envoy presents his credentials to Xi
Beijing: India’s new envoy to China Gautam Bambawale on Tuesday submitted his credentials to President Xi Jinping, a formality which would enable him to officially function as the Ambassador. Xi received the credentials of Bambawale, and 10 other envoys, at the Great Hall of the People in Beijing, the state-run Xinhua news agency reported.
Houthis kill 200 prisoners: Report
Sanaa, Dec 5 (IANS) The Houthi militia killed 200 people who were taken prisoners during an attack that killed former President Ali Abdullah Saleh, the Arab media reported on Tuesday.
Mush: open to political ties with 26/11 brains
Islamabad: Former Pakistan military ruler Pervez Musharraf said he was open to forming a political alliance with Mumbai attack mastermind Hafiz Saeed’s JuD and the LeT for the general election in 2018, calling them NGOs working for the welfare of the country.
Pak women gets death for killing lover
Lahore: An anti-terrorism court in Pakistan has sentenced a 20-year-old woman to death for killing her ‘estranged’ lover by throwing acid on him. The anti-terrorism court (ATC) in Multan district yesterday sentenced Shamira to death and life imprisonment for killing 23-year-old Sadaqat Ali in 2016.
Expert: Google use may increase dementia risk
London: Using Google frequently to search for information, rather than using our brains, may increase the risk of dementia, a UK researcher has warned. The researcher has described the practice as an “experiment” we are conducting on ourselves.
UN: Possible ‘elements of genocide’ in Myanmar
Geneva: The UN rights chief called on Tuesday for a fresh international investigation into Myanmar’s abuses against its Rohingya Muslim minority, warning of possible “elements of genocide”.
- China begins testing of heavy-ion cancer treatment system 28 May 2018 | PTI
- Powerful cyclone strikes Oman, Yemen; 6 dead, 30 missing 28 May 2018 | AFP
- Qatar bans Saudi, UAE goods 28 May 2018 | AFP
- Two Palestinians killed by Israeli fire in Gaza Strip 28 May 2018 | AFP
- Saudi Arabia says 2 soldiers killed in Yemen 28 May 2018 | AFP
- Japan ex-PM Nakasone, witness to war and success, turns 100 28 May 2018 | AP
- 26 Syrian, nine Russian soldiers killed in ISIS attack: Monitor 28 May 2018 | PNS
- Our families would be killed: Rohingya brace for monsoon 28 May 2018 | AFP
- India, Lanka files among 195 files destroyed in UK 28 May 2018 | PTI
- Pak: Jailed Hindu leader takes oath as provincial member 28 May 2018 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
27 May 2018 | PNS | New Delhi
The Nipah virus mystery deepened on Saturday as the samples collected from bats in Kerala’s Kozhikode and Malappuram districts, where 13 people have died of the infection, have tested negative for the virus. A report submitted by a central medical team to the Union Health Ministry also ruled out pigs to be the primary source of the virus...
STATE EDITIONSView All
28 May 2018 | PNS | New Delhi
Youth symposium at Gumla Vikash Bharti Bishunpur will organize youth symposium-2018 on May 28 at Gumla. The programme will be inaugurated by Chief Minister, Raghubar Das in the presence of other dignitaries...