pakistan won’t seek denied military aid
Islamabad: Pakistan will not seek the resumption of suspended US military aid and feels “betrayed” by the recent critical statements of the American leadership against Islamabad’s fight against terrorism, Army chief General Qamar Javed Bajwa has said.
Pak man gets life for stabbing 17 women
Islamabad: A Pakistani court on Friday handed down life sentence to a 24-year-old ‘misogynist’ who stabbed at least 17 women, leading to the death of one of the victims. Muhammad Ali said that he hated women and found fun in hurting them. He prowled at night and targeted lonely women, using a kitchen knife.
California mudslide: mistake in numbers
Santa Barbara: The number of missing after a California mudslide has fluctuated wildly, due to shifting definitions, the inherent uncertainty that follows a natural disaster, and just plain human error. On Thursday, the number provided by authorities went from 48, down to eight, then back up to 43. Officials say a clerical mistake led to the figure of eight being released.
Boko Haram kills 20 loggers in NE Nigeria
Kano (Nigeria): Boko Haram fighters have killed at least 20 loggers, militia members and residents said on Friday, in the latest attack against civilians in northeast Nigeria. The attack happened on Monday when gunmen on motorbikes opened fire on a group of loggers collecting firewood at Kaje village, near the Borno State capital, Maiduguri.
Bulgaria defends EU presidency video
Brussels: Bulgaria on Friday defended a promotional video launching its EU presidency, which has elicited furious calls that it be withdrawn in the wake of the Harvey Weinstein sexual assault scandal.
Champagne box-sized satellite launched
Paris: France launched a champagne box-sized mini satellite into Earth orbit on Friday to study a mysterious, juvenile planet system in our Milky Way galaxy, mission controllers said. Weighing 3.5 kilogrammes, the PicSat satellite was hoisted into space by an Indian PSLV rocket, and placed into orbit at an altitude of 505 kilometres
- Russia says ‚Äėno alternative‚Äô to Iran nuclear deal 26 Apr 2018 | AFP
- 2 cops, civilian shot in Dallas, suspect caught 26 Apr 2018 | PTI
- China says it welcomes visit by US officials amid trade spat 26 Apr 2018 | AP
- N Korea nuclear test site part-collapsed: Chinese experts 26 Apr 2018 | PTI
- N Korea slams US censure on rights ahead of inter-Korea summit 26 Apr 2018 | AFP
- US lawmakers, IT industry against ending work permit to H-4 visa holders 26 Apr 2018 | PTI
- Danish inventor Madsen gets life term 26 Apr 2018 | AFP
- Globe Trotting 26 Apr 2018 | Agencies
- Pak extends visa of Indian woman who married, embraced Islam 25 Apr 2018 | PTI
- Ahead of summits, US tones down its war games with S Korea 25 Apr 2018 | AP
Sunday EditionView All
22 Apr 2018 | PTI | Ahmedabad
A mild tremor measuring 3.7 on the Richter scale was felt in parts of south Gujarat, including Bharuch and Surat districts, though no damage was reported, officials said...
STATE EDITIONSView All
26 Apr 2018 | ADREESH BHATTACHARYA | Ranchi
The Birsa Munda Bus Terminal at Khadgada from which numerous long route buses, including daily services to Delhi, Bhubaneshwar and Kolkata, operate will soon get shelter homes for the ease of passengers boarding and getting off in the wee hours. The Ranchi Municipal Corporation (RMC) has elaborate plans to make the inter-state bus terminal even more passengers centric so that this state of the art bus terminal can operate on...