- BJP caricature of Rahul Gandhi not working any more: Tharoor
- PM inaugurates ferry service between Ghogha and Dahej in Guj
- AP CM Naidu meets scientists and food experts in US
- Democratic chairman: Trump 'most dangerous' president ever
- Mukul Roy likely to be inducted in BJP in Nov: party leader
- Militant killed in encounter in J-K's Kupwara
China protests after US warship sails near island
Beijing voiced displeasure after a US warship sailed near an artificial island in the disputed South China Sea, an operation that prompted the Chinese navy to warn off the American destroyer. Foreign ministry spokesman Geng Shuang said the actions of the USS John S McCain had violated Chinese and international law, “seriously” impairing the country’s sovereignty and security.
“China is strongly dissatisfied with this,” Geng said in a statement, adding that Beijing would lodge an official protest with Washington. The USS John S McCain destroyer sailed within six nautical miles of Mischief Reef — an artificial island built by China — on Thursday as part of a “freedom of navigation” operation, a US official said.
The reef is part of the disputed Spratly Islands in the South China Sea, which is the scene of rival claims between China and neighbouring countries.
- Suicide bombing at Kabul mosque kills 30: Afghan official 21 Oct 2017 | AP
- US drone strike targets al-Shabab after Somalia attack 21 Oct 2017 | AP
- US hasn't seen significant change in Pak's support to terror groups: Official 21 Oct 2017 | PTI
- Over 7 lakh people given oral cholera vaccine 21 Oct 2017 | PTI
- Pak court indicts Sharif in 3rd corruption case 21 Oct 2017 | PTI
- New Zealand PM-elect announces 28-member Cabinet council 21 Oct 2017 | IANS
- Spain moves to suspend Catalan autonomy 21 Oct 2017 | IANS
- Hafiz Saeed‚Äôs house arrest extended for 30 days 21 Oct 2017 | PTI
- Foreign Min: US should shed bias against China 21 Oct 2017 | PTI
- Obama, Bush launch veiled attacks on Trump 21 Oct 2017 | S Rajagopalan
Sunday EditionView All
STATE EDITIONSView All
22 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan will reach Washington DC on October 22. He has been invited by Pt Deendayal Upadhyay Forum, where he will address as a key speaker in the programme organised by the forum...