- PM hails soldiers who participated in 1971 Indo-Pak war
- Politics being used to crush people; Congress will defeat politics of hate: Rahul Gandhi
- Rahul will lead the party with courage, dedication: Sonia
- Body of JeM terrorist found from Pulwama dist in JK: Police
- Mizoram becomes third power-surplus state in NE: PM Modi
- Coalscam: Ex-Jharkhand CM Koda, former coal secy get 3 yr jail
- Rahul Gandhi takes charge as Congress president
China protests after US warship sails near island
Beijing voiced displeasure after a US warship sailed near an artificial island in the disputed South China Sea, an operation that prompted the Chinese navy to warn off the American destroyer. Foreign ministry spokesman Geng Shuang said the actions of the USS John S McCain had violated Chinese and international law, “seriously” impairing the country’s sovereignty and security.
“China is strongly dissatisfied with this,” Geng said in a statement, adding that Beijing would lodge an official protest with Washington. The USS John S McCain destroyer sailed within six nautical miles of Mischief Reef — an artificial island built by China — on Thursday as part of a “freedom of navigation” operation, a US official said.
The reef is part of the disputed Spratly Islands in the South China Sea, which is the scene of rival claims between China and neighbouring countries.
- NASA scientists to survey unexplored stretch of Antarctic ice 16 Dec 2017 | PNS
- Tiny robots that think, act like insects in offing 16 Dec 2017 | PTI
- Third Palestinian shot dead in clashes Jerusalem: Health Min 16 Dec 2017 | AFP
- China plans remote sensing satellites over SCS 16 Dec 2017 | PTI
- Trump thanks Putin for praising his performance 16 Dec 2017 | S Rajagopalan
- Globe Trotting 16 Dec 2017 | Agencies
- EU opens next Brexit phase, warns of tough talks 16 Dec 2017 | AFP
- US offers proof of Iran supply of missiles to Yemen rebels 16 Dec 2017 | S Rajagopalan
- WH: FBI records show ‚Äėextreme bias‚Äô against Trump 16 Dec 2017 | AP
- Most believe Trump trying to obstruct Russia probe: Poll 16 Dec 2017 | PNS
Sunday EditionView All
10 Dec 2017 | AFP | Seoul
North Korea blamed US "nuclear blackmail" for soaring tensions over its weapons programme in rare meetings with a senior UN official, but agreed to regular communication with the organisation, state media said today. Jeffrey Feltman arrived in Beijing today after wrapping up a five-day visit to Pyongyang aimed at defusing the crisis, just a week after North Korea said it test-fired a new ballistic missile capable of reaching the United States...
STATE EDITIONSView All
16 Dec 2017 | PNS | Chandigarh
Eyeing 2019 Assembly and Parliamentary polls, Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal on Friday asked the senior bureaucrats to rise above considerations of caste and religion and assist the Government in framing such policies which met the aspirations of the people. The Chief Minster while speaking at the inaugural session of the three-day chintan shivir for Cabinet Ministers, IAS, IPS and IFS at Timber Trail Heights, in Parwanoo asked them to finalise...