- Agitation paralysing Mumbai suburban services withdrawn
- CBI has started preliminary probe in SSC paper leak case: Centre tells SC
- No immediate arrest of public servants in cases under SC/ST Act: SC
- Choksi to CBI: Completely defenceless due to exaggerated allegations
- Won't cede even an inch of land, ready for bloody battle: Xi
- Bodies of 39 Indians, abducted by ISIS in Iraq, found: Swaraj
- Jailed AIADMK leader VK Sasikala's husband M Natarajan passes away
EU backs under-fire Iran nuke pact as Trump weighs future
European Union powers on Thursday urged US President Donald Trump to endorse a key nuclear agreement with Iran insisting that the deal is essential for international security.
The foreign ministers of Britain, France and Germany threw their weight behind the pact limiting Iran's nuclear ambitions and insisted that the Islamic Republic is respecting it.
“There is no indication today that could call into doubt Iranian respect of the agreement,” French Foreign Minister Jean-Yves Le Drian told reporters in Brussels, after a meeting between the Europeans and their Iranian counterpart Javad Zarif. Le Drian called on all parties to uphold the agreement, noting that “our American allies should respect it as well. There is no particular reason for any rupture.”
Under the accord, Iran slowed its nuclear program in exchange for an easing of international economic sanctions. Trump is expected to decide by Friday whether to extend the sanctions relief or re-impose the restrictions his predecessor, President Barack Obama, suspended two years ago.
British Foreign Secretary Boris Johnson also noted that no one has put forward a plan that might be as effective in curbing Iran's nuclear ambitions.
“It's incumbent on those who oppose the (deal) really to come up with that better solution, because we haven't seen it so far,” he said.
- US won't resume security aid to Pak till it allays concerns on terror safe havens 21 Mar 2018 | PTI
- Islamabad still mulling Kabul's offer of talks, overtures 21 Mar 2018 | AP
- Globe Trotting 21 Mar 2018 | Agencies
- Trump preparing to hit China with $60 bn in tariffs: Report 21 Mar 2018 | S Rajagopalan
- 2 plus attacker hurt in Maryland school shooting, says sheriff 21 Mar 2018 | AFP
- ISIS kills 36 Syria troops in surprise attack: Monitor 21 Mar 2018 | AFP
- Military, all institutions must submit to Party: Xi 21 Mar 2018 | PTI
- Senator introduces Bill to keep call centre jobs in US 21 Mar 2018 | S Rajagopalan
- French ex-President Sarkozy held in Libya financing probe 21 Mar 2018 | AFP
- Crown Prince: Saudi women should have choice whether to wear abaya robe 20 Mar 2018 | Agency
Sunday EditionView All
18 Mar 2018 | PNS
AAI conducts international workshop for utilizing GAGAN In keeping with the Prime Minister’s objective of using technology as a means of development and co-operation, Airports Authority of India has now offered GPS-aided Geo Augmented Navigation (GAGAN) to SAARC and Southeast Asian countries in order to allow them to reap the significant benefits that accrue from such an advanced navigation system. AAI conducted a two-day workshop on March 15 and 16, 2018...
STATE EDITIONSView All
21 Mar 2018 | PNS | Dehradun
Dehradun police have arrested an alleged member of an inter-state gang involved in vehicle theft in Haridwar and Dehradun districts from Muzaffarnagar in Uttar Pradesh on Tuesday. The accused has been identified as Vikram Malik, native of Shamli, Uttar Pradesh, police said, adding that he was currently living in Haryana...