- Waiting for answers on corruption allegations from 'Maun sahab', Rahul to Modi
- Delhi boy 'commits' suicide a day after locals try to molest his sister
- Why did Manmohan not show courage to order surgical strikes post 26/11: Modi
- Three militants, woman killed in J&K gunfight
- Ryan murder: SC rejects plea against Pintos' bail
- Ahmedabad Police denies permission to roadshows of Rahul, BJP
- Don't drag us into your domestic politics: Pak to India
EU urges caution in US Jerusalem decision
The European Union (EU) on Tuesdya warned of possible “serious repercussions” if US President Donald Trump decides to recognise Jerusalem as the Israeli capital and move the US embassy there.
Trump on Monday delayed a decision on the highly contentious issue — a crucial question in the Israeli-Palestinian conflict — after public warnings from allies and private phone calls between world leaders. The EU, which supports a two-state solution to the conflict, warned against doing anything that would jeopardise the peace process. “Since early this year, the European Union was clear in its expectation that there can be reflection on the consequences that any decision or unilateral action affecting Jerusalem’s status could have,” EU diplomatic chief Federica Mogherini’s office said in a statement.
Trump has yet to make his final decision, US officials have said, but he is now expected to stop short of moving the embassy to Jerusalem — though he may still recognise the city as Israel’s capital. Both Israelis and Palestinians claim Jerusalem as their capital and previous peace plans have stumbled over debates on whether, and how, to divide sovereignty or oversee holy sites.
- Globe Trotting 11 Dec 2017 | Agencies
- Japan hosts joint missile tracking drill 11 Dec 2017 | AFP
- Maritime blockade would be declaration of war: N Korea 11 Dec 2017 | IANS
- Sherin Mathews‚Äô gravesite in Dallas made public 11 Dec 2017 | PTI
- Pak-origin sex gangs target white girls in UK: Report 11 Dec 2017 | PTI
- ISIS still not defeated, British PM warns Iraq 11 Dec 2017 | PTI
- Iraq holds military parade to celebrate victory over ISIS 11 Dec 2017 | AFP
- Lebanon forces lob tear gas at protesters near US embassy 11 Dec 2017 | AFP
- Nepal Left alliance wins 72 seats, heading towards majority 11 Dec 2017 | PTI
- May‚Äôs Brexit EU deal not binding, says David Davis 11 Dec 2017 | Agencies
Sunday EditionView All
10 Dec 2017 | AFP | Seoul
North Korea blamed US "nuclear blackmail" for soaring tensions over its weapons programme in rare meetings with a senior UN official, but agreed to regular communication with the organisation, state media said today. Jeffrey Feltman arrived in Beijing today after wrapping up a five-day visit to Pyongyang aimed at defusing the crisis, just a week after North Korea said it test-fired a new ballistic missile capable of reaching the United States...
STATE EDITIONSView All
11 Dec 2017 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
The students securing 70 per cent marks in the Class XII examination will also get the benefit of the Chief Minister's Medhavi Vidyarthi Protsahan Yojna from next year. The scheme will cover all courses offered in government colleges...