- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
- Photo feature
- national interest
French Prez drives through streets on scooter at night to meet ‘love’: Closer
A French magazine on Friday alleged that Francois Hollande routinely drives through the streets of Paris on a scooter to spend the night with his mistress, raising concerns for the security of the head-of-State.
Hollande reacted furiously to the allegation backed up by photos reportedly showing the President entering the flat of actress Julie Gayet but did not deny it, threatening legal action over what he called an attack on his right to privacy.
Closer’s Friday edition carried a seven-page report on the 59-year-old president’s alleged infidelity under the headline “Francois Hollande and Julie Gayet the president’s secret love”. “It’s a real passion that has turned their lives upside down and makes them take insane risks,” the magazine wrote. To back up its claims, the magazine printed photos of Gayet, 41, arriving at a flat in an upmarket part of Paris on December 30, not far from the Elysee palace where Hollande lives. Half-an-hour later, a man whom they identify as Hollande’s bodyguard inspects the hallway of the apartment block before the arrival of a scooter with two helmeted men on board, one of whom they say is Hollande although his face is never revealed. The bodyguard, however, does show his face and is identified as part of Hollande’s official security detail.
The next day, according to the photos, the alleged bodyguard arrives at the flat around 8am with a small bag that Closer says contains croissants.
MORE World NEWS
- Buoyant Hillary now looks to help Dems win Senate 25 Oct 2016 | S Rajagopalan
- Pak successfully tackling terror, economic challenges, says Sharif 25 Oct 2016 | PTI
- Globe Trotting 25 Oct 2016 | Agencies
- Clinton Trump tied nationally in latest poll 25 Oct 2016 | PTI
- Trump blasts Clinton for emboldening Iran 25 Oct 2016 | PTI
- Gunmen kill Pak intelligence officer; ISIS claims attack 25 Oct 2016 | PTI
- Israel’s next Gaza war will be ‘last’: Minister 25 Oct 2016 | AFP
- Namaste: Women defend wearing yoga pants in peaceful parade 25 Oct 2016 | AP
- Pak likely to attend regional meeting on Afghan in India 25 Oct 2016 | PTI
- ISIS ‘executes’ five Iraqis in western town 25 Oct 2016 | AFP
23 Oct 2016 | Rajesh Singh
Despite wide-ranging backing and compelling arguments, expansion of the United Nations Security Council remains in limbo. Part of the reason is the complex mechanism in place to bring about the change, explains RAJESH SINGH ...
25 Oct 2016 | pns | Lucknow
Amid the escalating feud within the SP’s first family, an emotional Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav offered to resign from his post while addressing a meeting of legislators here on Monday. Defending his decision of sacking four ministers inlcuidng uncle Shivpal Yadav on Sunday, the CM said they were creating dispute within the party...
Let Netaji (Mulayam Singh Yadav) install a Chief Minister who he feels is honest. Why should I form a new party? Who is forming a new party?
I wish Padmavati had come came to me five-six years ago; I would have done it. I am happy it has come to me today.
Donald Trump may not be politically correct but he understands what radical Islam is doing to this world.