- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
- Photo feature
- national interest
French Prez drives through streets on scooter at night to meet ‘love’: Closer
A French magazine on Friday alleged that Francois Hollande routinely drives through the streets of Paris on a scooter to spend the night with his mistress, raising concerns for the security of the head-of-State.
Hollande reacted furiously to the allegation backed up by photos reportedly showing the President entering the flat of actress Julie Gayet but did not deny it, threatening legal action over what he called an attack on his right to privacy.
Closer’s Friday edition carried a seven-page report on the 59-year-old president’s alleged infidelity under the headline “Francois Hollande and Julie Gayet the president’s secret love”. “It’s a real passion that has turned their lives upside down and makes them take insane risks,” the magazine wrote. To back up its claims, the magazine printed photos of Gayet, 41, arriving at a flat in an upmarket part of Paris on December 30, not far from the Elysee palace where Hollande lives. Half-an-hour later, a man whom they identify as Hollande’s bodyguard inspects the hallway of the apartment block before the arrival of a scooter with two helmeted men on board, one of whom they say is Hollande although his face is never revealed. The bodyguard, however, does show his face and is identified as part of Hollande’s official security detail.
The next day, according to the photos, the alleged bodyguard arrives at the flat around 8am with a small bag that Closer says contains croissants.
MORE World NEWS
- Hillary puts Trump on defensive 28 Sep 2016 | S Rajagopalan
- US asks Pak to close all terrorist safe havens 28 Sep 2016 | PTI
- Pak using international aid to finance terrorism: India 28 Sep 2016 | PTI
- Uri attack ‘plan devised by India itself’: Pak Def Min 28 Sep 2016 | Agencies
- China’s hold on Azhar’s UN terror listing to lapse soon 28 Sep 2016 | PTI
- India, China agree to jointly deal with security threats 28 Sep 2016 | PTI
- China reacts guardedly to Indus Water Treaty talks suspension 28 Sep 2016 | Agencies
- Globe Trotting 28 Sep 2016 | Agencies
- White House petition on Pak crosses 100K signatures 28 Sep 2016 | Agencies
- Slain Lanka editor’s body exhumed after 7 years 28 Sep 2016 | Agencies
29 Sep 2016 | PNS | Dehradun
Arriving in Dehradun on his three-day visit to the State of Uttarakhand on Tuesday, the President of India, Pranab Mukherjee inaugurated the renovated building of the 'Rashtrapati Ashiana’ here.The President also laid the foundation stone for the innovation technology demonstration project here which entails the proposed construction of 12 dwelling units in the President's bodyguards compound...
We are artistes and will talk about love and peace. But the Government has to take decisions on whom to allow to work here.
Children who grow up in the film industry are more stable. One who comes from outside does one film, and goes mad.
I will always be grateful I was able to call Shimon (Peres) my friend. He was a soldier for Israel, for the Jewish people, for justice, for peace.