- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
- Shot putter Inderjeet fails dope test; cries conspiracy
- 19 killed in knife rampage at Japan care home
- Barring Anantnag, curfew lifted from all parts of Kashmir
- Myntra acquires Jabong from Global Fashion Group
- Pak seeks independent probe into Wani's 'extrajudicial' killing
- All leads have turned out to be bad: Parrikar on missing AN-32
French Prez drives through streets on scooter at night to meet ‘love’: Closer
A French magazine on Friday alleged that Francois Hollande routinely drives through the streets of Paris on a scooter to spend the night with his mistress, raising concerns for the security of the head-of-State.
Hollande reacted furiously to the allegation backed up by photos reportedly showing the President entering the flat of actress Julie Gayet but did not deny it, threatening legal action over what he called an attack on his right to privacy.
Closer’s Friday edition carried a seven-page report on the 59-year-old president’s alleged infidelity under the headline “Francois Hollande and Julie Gayet the president’s secret love”. “It’s a real passion that has turned their lives upside down and makes them take insane risks,” the magazine wrote. To back up its claims, the magazine printed photos of Gayet, 41, arriving at a flat in an upmarket part of Paris on December 30, not far from the Elysee palace where Hollande lives. Half-an-hour later, a man whom they identify as Hollande’s bodyguard inspects the hallway of the apartment block before the arrival of a scooter with two helmeted men on board, one of whom they say is Hollande although his face is never revealed. The bodyguard, however, does show his face and is identified as part of Hollande’s official security detail.
The next day, according to the photos, the alleged bodyguard arrives at the flat around 8am with a small bag that Closer says contains croissants.
MORE World NEWS
- 2 killed in Florida nightclub shooting 26 Jul 2016 | AP
- Hacked anti-Sanders emails cast shadow on Dems convention 26 Jul 2016 | S Rajagopalan
- ‘Arms used by Dhaka’s cafe terrorists traced’ 26 Jul 2016 | PTI
- Turkey targets media in new crackdown after failed coup 26 Jul 2016 | AFP
- Nepal President asks parties to elect new PM within a week 26 Jul 2016 | PTI
- Isolate those who harbour terrorists: India to intl community 26 Jul 2016 | PTI
- Scribes’ visa issue: Chinese media warns India of repercussions 26 Jul 2016 | PTI
- Afghan civilian casualties soar to record high: UN 26 Jul 2016 | AFP
- Nearly 300 killed in heavy floods in China 26 Jul 2016 | PTI
- Suicide car bomber hits Baghdad checkpoint, killing 14 people 26 Jul 2016 | AP
26 Jul 2016 | PNS | Chandigarh
Haryana Government has prepared its road maintenance policy to ensure adequate, timely and sound maintenance and to provide safe, convenient and efficient access and usage to road users in the State. A spokesman of Public Works (Building and Roads) Department said Chief Minister Mr Manohar Lal had approved this proposal...
This dream of (Pakistan’s) led to the division of their own country; Bangladesh was created. But Pakistan couldn’t take an inch of our land. They should protect what they have.
Getting a five-wicket haul away from sub-continent is something I have worked earnestly towards. and I am really pleased for myself.
Platitudes not backed by meaningful action ring hollow over time. History and the Afghan people will judge leaders of all parties to this conflict by their actual conduct.