French Prez drives through streets on scooter at night to meet ‘love’: Closer
A French magazine on Friday alleged that Francois Hollande routinely drives through the streets of Paris on a scooter to spend the night with his mistress, raising concerns for the security of the head-of-State.
Hollande reacted furiously to the allegation backed up by photos reportedly showing the President entering the flat of actress Julie Gayet but did not deny it, threatening legal action over what he called an attack on his right to privacy.
Closer’s Friday edition carried a seven-page report on the 59-year-old president’s alleged infidelity under the headline “Francois Hollande and Julie Gayet the president’s secret love”. “It’s a real passion that has turned their lives upside down and makes them take insane risks,” the magazine wrote. To back up its claims, the magazine printed photos of Gayet, 41, arriving at a flat in an upmarket part of Paris on December 30, not far from the Elysee palace where Hollande lives. Half-an-hour later, a man whom they identify as Hollande’s bodyguard inspects the hallway of the apartment block before the arrival of a scooter with two helmeted men on board, one of whom they say is Hollande although his face is never revealed. The bodyguard, however, does show his face and is identified as part of Hollande’s official security detail.
The next day, according to the photos, the alleged bodyguard arrives at the flat around 8am with a small bag that Closer says contains croissants.
- Israeli MP stokes jokes and anger with Trump selfie 24 May 2017 | AFP
- Myanmar army clears itself of Rohingya atrocity claims 24 May 2017 | AFP
- China's GPS to be ready by 2020: Official 24 May 2017 | PTI
- Gurudwaras in Manchester offer free food, shelter after attack 24 May 2017 | PTI
- US lawmaker calls for abolishing H1B visa lottery system 24 May 2017 | PTI
- Bahrain police fire on Shi’ite protest, one reported dead 24 May 2017 | AFP
- Myanmar top Buddhist body bans hardline group 24 May 2017 | AFP
- Pakistan evinces interest in China's new airborne radar 24 May 2017 | PTI
- Israel-Palestine conflict put on backburner during Trump visit 24 May 2017 | PTI
- Trump proposes to convert US' grant to Pak into loan 24 May 2017 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
21 May 2017 | PTI | Jamshedpur
Protest against lynching of four persons intensified today and the police had to fire in the air to disperse a mob, while prohibitory orders under Section 144 were imposed in four areas here for tonight. Police fired in the air to disperse a mob that blocked roads in Mango area, demanding arrest of culprits involved in the lynching of four persons of a community at Rajnagar in Seraikela-Kharswan district on Thursday...
STATE EDITIONSView All
24 May 2017 | PNS | Dehradun
Acting on information received on stacking of foreign exchange in violation of rules, possession of assets disproportionate to sources of income and unaccounted- for money and others, the vigilance sleuths of Enforcement Directorate reportedly swooped down on a well-known chain of shops- Kumar Store- located at Nashvila Road, GMS Road and Rajpur Road in Dehradun on Tuesday. The raids started from 1 pm and continued till evening...