Hasina accuses Myanmar of committing atrocities on Rohingyas
: Bangladesh Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina today accused Buddhist-majority Myanmar of committing atrocities on Rohingya Muslims, saying Dhaka will not tolerate any kind of injustice and its protest will continue.
She also asked Myanmar to ‘take steps’ to take back its nationals who have fled to Bangladesh following the violence.
“We want peace and a friendly relation with neighbouring countries...(but) we cannot allow and accept any kind of unjust and our protest will continue to this end,” Hasina said after visiting a Rohingya refugee camp near the border town of Ukhiya in Cox’s Bazar district.
She assured the refugees that Bangladesh would continue to provide humanitarian assistance to them.
“As long as they don’t return to their country we will remain beside them,” she said.
- Pak teenager killed at Texas school laid to rest in Karachi 24 May 2018 | PTI
- Meeting US demands would enormously benefit Iranians: US Secy of State 24 May 2018 | PTI
- Lebanon parliament re-elects Hezbollah ally Berri as speaker 24 May 2018 | Adheer Som
- Syria says withdrawal of Iran, Hezbollah ‚Äėnot on agenda‚Äô 24 May 2018 | AFP
- Globe trotting 24 May 2018 | Agencies
- China a strategic competitor, Russia poses challenge to US strategic interest: Pompeo 24 May 2018 | PTI
- India, Pak entry into SCO increased potential for cooperation: Xi Jinping 24 May 2018 | PTI
- Rohingya ultras killed 99 Hindus last year: Amnesty 24 May 2018 | AFP
- Globe Trotting 23 May 2018 | Agencies
- Pak heatwave kills 65 people in Karachi: Report 23 May 2018 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
20 May 2018 | PNS
New Delhi: “Now, let us enjoy our holidays,” this is how the Supreme Court concluded the hearing on the Karnataka power row on Saturday. The courtroom burst into a bout of laughter as Justice AK Sikri, who headed the three-judge Bench, made the jovial remark ...