- Indu Malhotra set to be SC judge
- Cong appoints Kamal Nath as MP unit prez, Scindia as campaign chief
- Our "real concern" is fair trial is conducted in Kathua case: SC
- One killed, 17 students injured in school van-tanker collision
- JeM commander killed in Tral gunfight: J&K DGP
- BCCI recommends Kohli for Khel Ratna, Dravid for Dronacharya, Gavaskar for Dhyan Chand
- Development our only agenda: PM tells Karnataka BJP workers
- 13 children killed as train hits school van at unmanned crossing
ISIS on rise in Pakistan: Report
The dreaded ISIS is alarmingly increaing its foothold in Pakistan, a leading think-tank here has warned, negating the Government’s stand that the terror outfit has no presence in the country.
The security report by Pakistan Institute for Peace Studies (PIPS) yesterday stated that the IS, especially active in northern Sindh and Balochistan, was also behind the abduction and killing of two Chinese nationals last year, Dawn News reported.
The PIPS shared the findings of its security analysis titled Special Report 2017, providing an insight into security challenges of Pakistan.
Pakistan has been denying that ISIS had an organised presence in the country, however, even though the terrorist group has claimed responsibility for several attacks in the restive Balochistan province in recent years.
“Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan (TTP), Jamaatul Ahrar and others with similar objectives perpetrated 58 per cent attacks, while 37 per cent and 5 per cent of the attacks were carried out by nationalist insurgents and violent sectarian groups respectively,” it said.
The report has also highlighted that Baloch nationalist- insurgent groups, especially Balochistan Liberation Army and Balochistan Liberation Front were only second to TTP as far as the their threat capability was concerned.
- No bromance: Merkel gets much smaller platform in US 27 Apr 2018 | AP
- MET returns Durga idol to India 27 Apr 2018 | PTI
- Senate approves Pompeo as US Secretary of State 27 Apr 2018 | AFP
- Pak Foreign Minister disqualified by court for holding UAE work permit 27 Apr 2018 | PTI
- Kim to walk South to meet his rival: Can they deal? 27 Apr 2018 | AP
- Trump says 3 or 4 dates possible for Kim summit 27 Apr 2018 | Agencies
- Globe Trotting 27 Apr 2018 | Agencies
- Macron urges Trump not to abandon Iran deal 27 Apr 2018 | Agencies
- Russia says ‚Äėno alternative‚Äô to Iran nuclear deal 26 Apr 2018 | AFP
- 2 cops, civilian shot in Dallas, suspect caught 26 Apr 2018 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
22 Apr 2018 | PTI | Ahmedabad
A mild tremor measuring 3.7 on the Richter scale was felt in parts of south Gujarat, including Bharuch and Surat districts, though no damage was reported, officials said...
STATE EDITIONSView All
27 Apr 2018 | PNS | Haridwar
Uttarakhand State police district/ BN athletics meet 2018 kicked off on Thursday following its inauguration by the State Cabinet Minister Madan Kaushik. Speaking to The Pioneer, the commandant of 40 battalion of the PAC Haridwar RL Sharma said that the main events which were held on Thursday included 200, 800 and 1500 metres race, long jump, discus throw, hurdle race and pole vault...