- NCP to contest Gujarat polls solo
- New Congress President to be elected on Dec 16
- Delhi HC notice to Centre, WB govt on phone tapping charge
- 7.0 quake off New Caledonia sparks tsunami alert but no damage
- Should have left US basketball players in Chinese jail: Trump
- Rahul Gandhi's elevation: CWC meet underway
- Swaraj condoles death of ex-Nepal PM Prachanda's son
- 'Padmavati' makers postpone film's release amid controversy
- Modi govt likely to get corruption tag as UPA II: Chidambaram
- Kovind, Modi pays tribute to Indira Gandhi on birth centenary
- Committed to improve sanitation facilities: Modi
- Leh freezes, Gulmarg coldest in Kashmir Valley
ISIS on the run, will soon be wiped out: US Prez
President Donald Trump said on Wednesday that the ISIS was “on the run” and will soon be “wiped out” of Syria and Iraq, days after the Iraqi forces with the help of the US-led international coalition re-took Mosul from the terror group.
Iraq has declared victory over the ISIS in Mosul, retaking full control of the country’s second-largest city three years after it was seized by the terror group. “ISIS is on the run and will soon be wiped out of Syria and Iraq, illegal border crossings are way down (75 per cent) and MS 13 (Mara Salvatrucha) gangs are being removed,” Trump tweeted.
The US President had on Tuesday spoken with Iraqi Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi and congratulated him on “the liberation of Mosul” by Iraqi security forces. He said that the development marked a major milestone in the fight against ISIS.
“The President praised the heroism of the Iraqi and American soldiers and underscored his commitment to the total defeat of ISIS,” the White House said in a statement.
- 15 dead, 5 hurt in a stampede for food aid in Morocco 20 Nov 2017 | AP
- EU to discuss Rohingya crisis with Suu Kyi 20 Nov 2017 | AFP
- Netanyahu grilled for sixth time in graft probe: Report 20 Nov 2017 | AFP
- Taliban attack checkpoints in Afghanistan, kill six cops 20 Nov 2017 | AP
- Bambawale to take charge as new Indian envoy to China today 20 Nov 2017 | PTI
- Syria Army, allies retake Albu Kamal from ISIS, claims military source 20 Nov 2017 | AFP
- France to ‚Äėprevent' Muslim street prayers in Paris suburb 20 Nov 2017 | AFP
- Sushma condoles sudden demise 20 Nov 2017 | PTI
- Prachanda's only son dies of cardiac arrest 20 Nov 2017 | PTI
- Lankan writer wins DSC literary prize 20 Nov 2017 | Navin Upadhyay
Sunday EditionView All
19 Nov 2017 | PNS | GANDHINAGAR
Addressing a gathering of people via video conferencing in Bharuch district of poll-bound Gujarat, Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Saturday asked them to unite against casteism, terrorism, black money, corruption and communalism. “It is a strange environment…We must hold each others hand and move ahead…...
STATE EDITIONSView All
20 Nov 2017 | PNS | Lucknow
To control the rising number of road accidents and deaths in the state, Uttar Pradesh government has decided to observe every Wednesday of the week as “Helmet and Seat Belt “ diwas. State principal secretary transport Aradhana Shukla, in an order on Sunday said that on every Wednesday, the department officials would hold rigorous checking of helmet for the driver and the pillion riders of the two wheeler and...