Israeli military court to try Palestinian teen protest icon
Palestinian protest icon Ahed Tamimi is to go on trial before an Israeli military court on Tuesday for slapping and punching two Israeli soldiers an act Palestinians say embodies their David vs Goliath struggle against a brutal military occupation and Israel portrays as a staged provocation meant to embarrass its military.
Israel's full-throttle prosecution of Tamimi, one of an estimated 300 Palestinian minors in Israeli jails, and a senior Israeli official's recent stunning revelation that he once had parliament investigate whether the blond, blue-eyed Tamimis are a ‘real’ Palestinian family have helped stoke ongoing interest in the case.
The teen with the curly mane of hair who turned 17 in jail last month has become the latest symbol of the long- running battle between Palestinians and Israelis over global public opinion.
- Bishop steals show with powerful sermon on power of love 21 May 2018 | PTI
- Meghan Markle promises more time for Indian charity 21 May 2018 | PTI
- Pak delegation in US to raise ‚Äėviolation' of Indus Waters Treaty with WB 21 May 2018 | PTI
- Yemen's Houthis fire missile at Saudi radar camp 21 May 2018 | IANS
- Globe Trotting 21 May 2018 | Agencies
- ‚ÄėNightmare': Pakistan family mourn daughter killed in Texas shooting 21 May 2018 | AFP
- Myanmar orders Rohingya to leave tense border zone 21 May 2018 | AFP
- Four Taliban insurgents killed in Afghan air strikes 21 May 2018 | AFP
- Bangladesh plans floating rate bonds 21 May 2018 | IANS
- 3 Palestinians wounded in Monday protests die: Gaza ministry 21 May 2018 | AFP
Sunday EditionView All
20 May 2018 | PNS
New Delhi: “Now, let us enjoy our holidays,” this is how the Supreme Court concluded the hearing on the Karnataka power row on Saturday. The courtroom burst into a bout of laughter as Justice AK Sikri, who headed the three-judge Bench, made the jovial remark ...
STATE EDITIONSView All
21 May 2018 | PNS | Ranchi
With State’s biggest Urban Local Body (ULB) gearing up to conduct vendors’ committee election in June second week for formation of first Town Vending Committee, the members of Ranchi Footpath Hawkers Association covering quite a number of street vendors appear reluctant to take part in the upcoming election. Notably, as per the rule, allocation of shops to street vendors at the vendors market is done on the recommendation of the...