- Always wanted to join the Army: Gen Bipin Rawat
- Russian interference had no impact on US presidential polls: Trump
- PM Modi holds 'substantiative' talks with Iran Prez
- Arvinder Singh Lovely rejoins Congress
- CBI arrests 2 PNB officials, authorised signatory of Nirav Modi company
- Cheating case: Developer DS Kulkarni detained in Delhi
- Sex ratio at birth dips in 17 of 21 large states, Guj records 53 points fall
- I don't feel like competing with anyone: Kohli
- Poll candidates must disclose source of income: SC
- CBI approaches Interpol to locate Nirav Modi
- SC reduces TN's Cauvery water share
Lebanese PM Hariri revokes resignation after consensus deal
Lebanese Prime Minister Saad Hariri revoked his resignation on Tuesday following a consensus deal reached with rival political parties, marking an end to one of the most bizarre interludes in Lebanese politics. The announcement came at the end of the first Cabinet meeting to be held since Lebanon was thrown into a political crisis following Hariri’s stunning move a month ago.
Hariri announced his resignation in a Nov. 4 televised broadcast from Saudi Arabia, citing the Iranian-backed Hezbollah’s meddling in regional affairs as a main reason for stepping down. The nature of the announcement raised suspicions that it was orchestrated by Saudi Arabia, his main backer. The move thrust Lebanon to the forefront of the regional rivalry between Saudi Arabia and Iran and shattered the national unity Government that Hariri headed.
Tuesday’s Cabinet meeting, attended by Hariri, endorsed a statement that calls on rival Lebanese groups to distance themselves from regional conflicts and the internal affairs of Arab countries.
- Bangladesh: Myanmar says its ready to take back Rohingya 17 Feb 2018 | AP
- Monitor: Top jihadist commander killed by rival Syria rebels 17 Feb 2018 | AFP
- US Global community concerned over Pak's anti-terror financing measures, says US 17 Feb 2018 | PTI
- Tillerson says US, Turkey will work together in Syria 17 Feb 2018 | AFP
- Archbishop Tutu quits Oxfam role over charity's sex scandal 17 Feb 2018 | AFP
- US touts strong Trump-Modi ties, seeks lower trade barriers 17 Feb 2018 | PNS
- Florida shooter confesses to killing 17 at school 17 Feb 2018 | S Rajagopalan
- US says Russia to face ‚Äėconsequences' for ‚ÄėNotPetya' cyber attack 17 Feb 2018 | AFP
- US Senate rejects all three immigration bills 17 Feb 2018 | S. Rajagopalan
- Globe Trotting 17 Feb 2018 | Agencies
Sunday EditionView All
18 Feb 2018 | IANS | Jaipur
At least nine persons were killed and 18 others injured when two LPG cylinders exploded at a wedding in Beawar in Rajasthan's Ajmer district, police said on Saturday. According to police, six persons were referred to a hospital in Ajmer while 12 were referred to the district hospital in Beawar...
STATE EDITIONSView All
18 Feb 2018 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
Madhya Pradesh Government has worked with dedication in education, health, food, agriculture, irrigation and tribal welfare, said Public Relations Minister Narottam Mishra while addressing public meeting during campaigning for Kolaras by-election. Minister Mishra addressed meetings at Khatorda, Barod, Hairpur, Emloda and Toria regions...