- India beat Bangladesh by four wickets to win Nidahas T20 Tri-Series
- Piyush Goyal junks report suggesting airline-like dynamic pricing in railway
- Bypoll defeats no referendum on BJP policies, programmes: Yogi
- NDA messed up economy, mismanaged JK: Manmohan Singh
- Putin eyes fourth term as Russians go to polls
- 3 AIIMS doctors enroute to Agra killed in accident on Yamuna e-way
- Five civilians killed in Pakistan firing on LoC
Lucky to be alive: Nepal plane crash survivor
Basanta Bohora, a Nepalese and one of the few passengers to escape with injuries in the deadly plane crash here on Monday said he is lucky to be alive.
At least 50 people were killed when a Bangladeshi plane crashed and burst into flames while landing at Kathmandu airport. Officials said there were 71 people on board the US-Bangla Airlines plane coming from Dhaka.
Bohora, an employee of Raswita International Travels and Tours, recalled that the take-off was normal from Dhaka but when the plane approached the Tribhuvan International Airport (TIA) for landing in Kathmandu, the aircraft began to behave strangely.
“There were 16 Nepalese from various travel agencies onboard the airplane,” he was quoted as saying by Kathmandu Post.
All the 16 had gone to Bangladesh for training, he said.
“All of a sudden the plane shook violently and there was a loud bang afterwards,” he said.
“I was seated near the window and was able to break out of the window,” he said.
“I have received injuries to my head and legs but I am fortunate that I survived the ordeal,” he said.
He is currently receiving treatment at Thapathali-based Norvic Hospital.
“I have no recollection after I got out of the plane, someone took me to Sinamangal hospital and from there my friends brought me to Norvic,” he said.
- 7 terrorists sentenced to death for killing Sufi shrine caretaker 19 Mar 2018 | PTI
- Suu Kyi pressed on Rohingya crisis at ASEAN 19 Mar 2018 | AFP
- Globe Trotting 19 Mar 2018 | Agencies
- Lawmakers say UK should consider postponing Brexit 19 Mar 2018 | AP
- Chinese Premier Li re-elected for second five-year term 19 Mar 2018 | PTI
- 2 polio workers killed, three abducted by terrorists in Pak 19 Mar 2018 | PTI
- Palestinian stabs Israeli in Jerusalem, shot dead by police 19 Mar 2018 | AP
- Israeli planes raid Gaza after explosion 19 Mar 2018 | AFP
- 30,000 civilians evacuate Syria‚Äôs Eastern Ghouta 19 Mar 2018 | IANS
- No news on Trump-Kim summit as N Korea wraps up Sweden talks 19 Mar 2018 | AFP
Sunday EditionView All
18 Mar 2018 | PNS
AAI conducts international workshop for utilizing GAGAN In keeping with the Prime Minister’s objective of using technology as a means of development and co-operation, Airports Authority of India has now offered GPS-aided Geo Augmented Navigation (GAGAN) to SAARC and Southeast Asian countries in order to allow them to reap the significant benefits that accrue from such an advanced navigation system. AAI conducted a two-day workshop on March 15 and 16, 2018...
STATE EDITIONSView All
19 Mar 2018 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
Leader of the Opposition in the state assembly Ajay Singh said that the claims of women well-wisher Chief Minister Shivraj Singh are deceiving as miscreants with minor offences are arrested with immediate effect, but in the matter related to a minister's son, Chouhan says enquiry would be conducted He further alleged that prime facie, minister's son was responsible for Preeti Raghuvanshi’s suicide. Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan today instructed police officials to...