- Agitation paralysing Mumbai suburban services withdrawn
- CBI has started preliminary probe in SSC paper leak case: Centre tells SC
- No immediate arrest of public servants in cases under SC/ST Act: SC
- Choksi to CBI: Completely defenceless due to exaggerated allegations
- Won't cede even an inch of land, ready for bloody battle: Xi
- Bodies of 39 Indians, abducted by ISIS in Iraq, found: Swaraj
- Jailed AIADMK leader VK Sasikala's husband M Natarajan passes away
Mumbai attacks plotter Saeed incited jehad in UK in 1990s: BBC
Hafiz Saeed, the founder of the Pakistan-based Lashkar-e-Tayyeba and mastermind of the 2008 Mumbai terror attacks, toured the UK in the 1990s to incite Muslims to become jehadis, according to a media report.
A BBC investigation has said that Saeed, one of the world’s most wanted terror suspects, who now heads the Jamaat-ud-Dawa (JuD) group in Pakistan, had toured British mosques in 1995 and his visit was recorded in a magazine published by the LeT at the time. During the tour, Saeed spoke in Birmingham where he denounced the Hindus and urged his audience to “rise up for jihad”. In Leicester, he spoke at a conference attended by 4,000 young people, according to the BBC Radio 4 documentary, titled ‘The Dawn of British Jehad’, aired last night.
“There is non-stop talk about jihad, encouraging British Muslims to join him,” Sajid Iqbal, one of the programme’s producers, told BBC Scotland. While in Glasgow, Saeed addressed a large gathering at Central Mosque and claimed Zionists were using billions of dollars to “kill spirit of Jehad”.
- US won't resume security aid to Pak till it allays concerns on terror safe havens 21 Mar 2018 | PTI
- Islamabad still mulling Kabul's offer of talks, overtures 21 Mar 2018 | AP
- Globe Trotting 21 Mar 2018 | Agencies
- Trump preparing to hit China with $60 bn in tariffs: Report 21 Mar 2018 | S Rajagopalan
- 2 plus attacker hurt in Maryland school shooting, says sheriff 21 Mar 2018 | AFP
- ISIS kills 36 Syria troops in surprise attack: Monitor 21 Mar 2018 | AFP
- Military, all institutions must submit to Party: Xi 21 Mar 2018 | PTI
- Senator introduces Bill to keep call centre jobs in US 21 Mar 2018 | S Rajagopalan
- French ex-President Sarkozy held in Libya financing probe 21 Mar 2018 | AFP
- Crown Prince: Saudi women should have choice whether to wear abaya robe 20 Mar 2018 | Agency
Sunday EditionView All
18 Mar 2018 | PNS
AAI conducts international workshop for utilizing GAGAN In keeping with the Prime Minister’s objective of using technology as a means of development and co-operation, Airports Authority of India has now offered GPS-aided Geo Augmented Navigation (GAGAN) to SAARC and Southeast Asian countries in order to allow them to reap the significant benefits that accrue from such an advanced navigation system. AAI conducted a two-day workshop on March 15 and 16, 2018...
STATE EDITIONSView All
21 Mar 2018 | PNS | Dehradun
Dehradun police have arrested an alleged member of an inter-state gang involved in vehicle theft in Haridwar and Dehradun districts from Muzaffarnagar in Uttar Pradesh on Tuesday. The accused has been identified as Vikram Malik, native of Shamli, Uttar Pradesh, police said, adding that he was currently living in Haryana...