No change in US position on Paris Agreement: White House
The US Government has not changed its position on withdrawing from the Paris Agreement on climate change, the White House said.
“As the President (Donald Trump) has made abundantly clear, the United States is withdrawing unless we can re-enter on terms that are more favourable to our country,” Xinhua news agency citedted the White House statement as saying on on Saturday.
Earlier in the day, European Commissioner for Climate Action and Energy Miguel Arias Canete said at a meeting in Canada that the US wouldn’t pull out of the Paris Agreement, the Wall Street Journal reported.
- Gina Haspel set to become first female director of CIA 19 May 2018 | PTI
- Anti-homophobia day: French Minister comes out as gay 19 May 2018 | AFP
- Plane carrying 104 passengers crashes after takeoff from Havana 19 May 2018 | AFP
- 10 people killed in Texas school shooting, gunman arrested 19 May 2018 | PTI
- Globe trotting 19 May 2018 | PNS
- S Korea downplays Pyongyang's threat to cancel dialogue 19 May 2018 | AP
- Will go on to next step if summit doesn't happen: Trump 19 May 2018 | PTI
- EU takes Germany, five others to court over air pollution 18 May 2018 | Adil Husain
- Court shoots down Sharif's trial under treason charges for Mumbai attack remarks 18 May 2018 | PTI
- Nawaz campaigning for PTI through love fest with Modi: Imran 18 May 2018 | IANS
Sunday EditionView All
20 May 2018 | PNS
New Delhi: “Now, let us enjoy our holidays,” this is how the Supreme Court concluded the hearing on the Karnataka power row on Saturday. The courtroom burst into a bout of laughter as Justice AK Sikri, who headed the three-judge Bench, made the jovial remark ...
STATE EDITIONSView All
20 May 2018 | Ashis Sinha | Bokaro
More than dozens of the trains were affected after a traffic block conducted by railway on Bokaro-Kotshila rail block on Saturday. The traffic block was conducted to eliminate two unmanned railway crossing between Bokaro and Kotshila and to construct limited height subway there, informed S K Srivastava DRM Adra Division...