Ready to reconcile with Fatah with no conditions: HAMAS

Wednesday, 13 Sep 2017 | AP | Gaza City:

Hamas says it is ready to talk reconciliation with the rival Government of Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas without preconditions. Hamas had previously demanded that Abbas halt a series of measures taken against the Islamic movement before sitting down to discuss a reconciliation deal. Abbas cut electricity in Gaza and slashed the...

Syria Govt controls 85% of country: Russian military

Wednesday, 13 Sep 2017 | AP | Hemeimeem Air Base:

Russia’s military says Syrian troops have liberated about 85 percent of the war-torn country’ territory from militants. Lt Gen Alexander Lapin told reporters today at Hemeimeem air base near the Syrian coastal city of Latakia that Syrian government forces have yet to clear the remaining 15 percent, approximately 27,000 square...

Rights group: Saudi-led airstrikes kill Yemeni children

Wednesday, 13 Sep 2017 | AP | Cairo:

An international rights group says the Saudi-led coalition waging an air campaign against Yemen’s Houthi rebels in the north are killing children in what amounts to war crimes. Human Rights Watch released a study today documenting the deaths of 26 children killed in five airstrikes since June. The group said that despite...

Anti-racism protesters greet ex-Trump aide in Hong Kong

Wednesday, 13 Sep 2017 | AFP | Hong Kong:

Activists gathered in central Hong Kong on Tuesday to protest the visit of US President Donald Trump’s former top strategist Steve Bannon, chanting ‘Nazis are not welcome here!’ as they donned cartoon Trump masks. The protesters stood outside the harbourfront Grand Hyatt hotel in Hong Kong where the 63-year-old was due...

US Senate approves resolution condemning white supremacist groups

Wednesday, 13 Sep 2017 | IANS | Washington

The US Senate has passed a resolution condemning white supremacist organisations and urging President Donald Trump to speak out against hate groups, the media reported. The resolution introduced last week cleared the upper chamber by unanimous consent on Monday night, reports The Hill magazine. The resolution formally gained the backing of 57...

Irma batters Florida, at least 5 dead

Tuesday, 12 Sep 2017 | S Rajagopalan | Washington

Hurricane Irma that pummelled Florida all through Sunday and early Monday has claimed at least five lives, plunged nearly six million homes in darkness and remained a major risk for flash floods despite weakening to a tropical storm. The most powerful hurricane in recent memory that prompted the authorities to order...

US commemorates 9/11 twin attacks

Tuesday, 12 Sep 2017 | AP | New York

While the US contends with the destruction caused by two ferocious hurricanes in three weeks, Americans also are marking the anniversary of one of the nation’s most scarring days. Thousands of victims’ relatives, survivors, rescuers and others are expected to gather Monday at the World Trade Center to remember the terror...

At least seven dead after shooting in North Texas

Tuesday, 12 Sep 2017 | IANS | Washington

A gunman killed seven people at a home in the US state of Texas before he was shot dead by police, media reported. The incident happened on Sunday night in Plano, a Dallas suburb. It is believed the shoot-out was prompted by a “domestic dispute” at the party for fans of...

White House official tweets inaccurate hurricane video

Tuesday, 12 Sep 2017 | IANS | Washington

As hurricane Irma began lashing Florida, White House Social Media Director Dan Scavino tweeted a video of what he said was a waterlogged Miami International Airport, only to be corrected by the airport itself, the media reported. Scavino then deleted the erroneous post on Sunday, one of many ostensible Hurricane Irma...

UAE pilot, soldier killed on Yemen missions: military

Tuesday, 12 Sep 2017 | AFP | Dubai:

An Emirati pilot and soldier have been killed in separate incidents in Yemen while taking part in a Saudi-led military campaign, the United Arab Emirates military said on Monday. First Sergeant Nasser Gharib al-Mazrouei ‘died of wounds’ he suffered whilst fighting in Yemen, the UAE military said in statement carried by...


Sunday Edition

View All

38-yr-old held for duping people coming to ATM

17 Sep 2017 | Staff Reporter | New Delhi

A 38-year-old man has been arrested by the Farsh Bazaar police for allegedly duping people coming to ATM and fraudulently withdrawing their money. Twelve ATM cards have been recovered from his possession...

Read More


View All

In brief.

19 Sep 2017 | PNS | New Delhi

MP warns against fake ads Koderma MP Ravindra Kumar Roy has warned youths to beware of fake job advertisements for KISAN TV Channel as a gang is cheating on the name of the job in this TV channel. Roy appealed to the youths not come in such a hoax as in the name of training they are asking youths to deposit money in their accounts...

Read More

Page generated in 2.3925 seconds.