- India beat Bangladesh by four wickets to win Nidahas T20 Tri-Series
- Piyush Goyal junks report suggesting airline-like dynamic pricing in railway
- Bypoll defeats no referendum on BJP policies, programmes: Yogi
- NDA messed up economy, mismanaged JK: Manmohan Singh
- Putin eyes fourth term as Russians go to polls
- 3 AIIMS doctors enroute to Agra killed in accident on Yamuna e-way
- Five civilians killed in Pakistan firing on LoC
Pak court: Saeed will be released if evidence not submitted
Mumbai attack mastermind and banned Jamaat-ud-Dawah chief Hafiz Saeed’s house arrest will be set aside if the Pakistan Government fails to submit any concrete evidence against him, a top court here has warned.
Saeed and four of his associates are under house arrest in Lahore since January 30 under the Anti-Terrorism Act 1997.
The Lahore High Court (LHC) on Tuesday heard a plea against Saeed’s detention. The interior secretary was supposed to appear before the court along with complete record of the case related to his detention along with four others.
Irked by the absence of the interior secretary during the proceedings, the court said “no citizen can be detained for an extended period on the basis of merely press clippings”.
- 7 terrorists sentenced to death for killing Sufi shrine caretaker 19 Mar 2018 | PTI
- Suu Kyi pressed on Rohingya crisis at ASEAN 19 Mar 2018 | AFP
- Globe Trotting 19 Mar 2018 | Agencies
- Lawmakers say UK should consider postponing Brexit 19 Mar 2018 | AP
- Chinese Premier Li re-elected for second five-year term 19 Mar 2018 | PTI
- 2 polio workers killed, three abducted by terrorists in Pak 19 Mar 2018 | PTI
- Palestinian stabs Israeli in Jerusalem, shot dead by police 19 Mar 2018 | AP
- Israeli planes raid Gaza after explosion 19 Mar 2018 | AFP
- 30,000 civilians evacuate Syria‚Äôs Eastern Ghouta 19 Mar 2018 | IANS
- No news on Trump-Kim summit as N Korea wraps up Sweden talks 19 Mar 2018 | AFP
Sunday EditionView All
18 Mar 2018 | PNS
AAI conducts international workshop for utilizing GAGAN In keeping with the Prime Minister’s objective of using technology as a means of development and co-operation, Airports Authority of India has now offered GPS-aided Geo Augmented Navigation (GAGAN) to SAARC and Southeast Asian countries in order to allow them to reap the significant benefits that accrue from such an advanced navigation system. AAI conducted a two-day workshop on March 15 and 16, 2018...
STATE EDITIONSView All
19 Mar 2018 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
Leader of the Opposition in the state assembly Ajay Singh said that the claims of women well-wisher Chief Minister Shivraj Singh are deceiving as miscreants with minor offences are arrested with immediate effect, but in the matter related to a minister's son, Chouhan says enquiry would be conducted He further alleged that prime facie, minister's son was responsible for Preeti Raghuvanshi’s suicide. Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan today instructed police officials to...