- BJP caricature of Rahul Gandhi not working any more: Tharoor
- PM inaugurates ferry service between Ghogha and Dahej in Guj
- AP CM Naidu meets scientists and food experts in US
- Democratic chairman: Trump 'most dangerous' president ever
- Mukul Roy likely to be inducted in BJP in Nov: party leader
- Militant killed in encounter in J-K's Kupwara
Pak court: Saeed will be released if evidence not submitted
Mumbai attack mastermind and banned Jamaat-ud-Dawah chief Hafiz Saeed’s house arrest will be set aside if the Pakistan Government fails to submit any concrete evidence against him, a top court here has warned.
Saeed and four of his associates are under house arrest in Lahore since January 30 under the Anti-Terrorism Act 1997.
The Lahore High Court (LHC) on Tuesday heard a plea against Saeed’s detention. The interior secretary was supposed to appear before the court along with complete record of the case related to his detention along with four others.
Irked by the absence of the interior secretary during the proceedings, the court said “no citizen can be detained for an extended period on the basis of merely press clippings”.
- Suicide bombing at Kabul mosque kills 30: Afghan official 21 Oct 2017 | AP
- US drone strike targets al-Shabab after Somalia attack 21 Oct 2017 | AP
- US hasn't seen significant change in Pak's support to terror groups: Official 21 Oct 2017 | PTI
- Over 7 lakh people given oral cholera vaccine 21 Oct 2017 | PTI
- Pak court indicts Sharif in 3rd corruption case 21 Oct 2017 | PTI
- New Zealand PM-elect announces 28-member Cabinet council 21 Oct 2017 | IANS
- Spain moves to suspend Catalan autonomy 21 Oct 2017 | IANS
- Hafiz Saeed‚Äôs house arrest extended for 30 days 21 Oct 2017 | PTI
- Foreign Min: US should shed bias against China 21 Oct 2017 | PTI
- Obama, Bush launch veiled attacks on Trump 21 Oct 2017 | S Rajagopalan
Sunday EditionView All
STATE EDITIONSView All
22 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan will reach Washington DC on October 22. He has been invited by Pt Deendayal Upadhyay Forum, where he will address as a key speaker in the programme organised by the forum...