- Agitation paralysing Mumbai suburban services withdrawn
- CBI has started preliminary probe in SSC paper leak case: Centre tells SC
- No immediate arrest of public servants in cases under SC/ST Act: SC
- Choksi to CBI: Completely defenceless due to exaggerated allegations
- Won't cede even an inch of land, ready for bloody battle: Xi
- Bodies of 39 Indians, abducted by ISIS in Iraq, found: Swaraj
- Jailed AIADMK leader VK Sasikala's husband M Natarajan passes away
Pakistani journalist escapes abduction attempt, assaulted, threatened with death
A prominent Pakistani journalist and a vocal critic of Pakistan’s powerful military, on Wednesday said he was assaulted and threatened with death by nearly a dozen unidentified armed men who tried to abduct him.
Taha Siddiqui, the Pakistani bureau chief of Indian television channel WION, said he was attacked by 10-12 men while he was going to the airport in Rawalpindi but managed to escape before being kidnapped, suffering minor injuries during the struggle, Dawn News reported.
Siddiqui recounted the details of the kidnapping attempt in a series of tweets.
“I was on my way to (the) airport today at 8:20 am when 10-12 armed men stopped my cab (and) forcibly tried to abduct me,” Siddiqui, the winner of France’s highest journalism award — The Albert Londres Prize, said in a tweet. “Saale ko goli maaro (shoot him),” the men, who Taha said were armed with Kalashnikovs and pistols, shouted.
- US won't resume security aid to Pak till it allays concerns on terror safe havens 21 Mar 2018 | PTI
- Islamabad still mulling Kabul's offer of talks, overtures 21 Mar 2018 | AP
- Globe Trotting 21 Mar 2018 | Agencies
- Trump preparing to hit China with $60 bn in tariffs: Report 21 Mar 2018 | S Rajagopalan
- 2 plus attacker hurt in Maryland school shooting, says sheriff 21 Mar 2018 | AFP
- ISIS kills 36 Syria troops in surprise attack: Monitor 21 Mar 2018 | AFP
- Military, all institutions must submit to Party: Xi 21 Mar 2018 | PTI
- Senator introduces Bill to keep call centre jobs in US 21 Mar 2018 | S Rajagopalan
- French ex-President Sarkozy held in Libya financing probe 21 Mar 2018 | AFP
- Crown Prince: Saudi women should have choice whether to wear abaya robe 20 Mar 2018 | Agency
Sunday EditionView All
18 Mar 2018 | PNS
AAI conducts international workshop for utilizing GAGAN In keeping with the Prime Minister’s objective of using technology as a means of development and co-operation, Airports Authority of India has now offered GPS-aided Geo Augmented Navigation (GAGAN) to SAARC and Southeast Asian countries in order to allow them to reap the significant benefits that accrue from such an advanced navigation system. AAI conducted a two-day workshop on March 15 and 16, 2018...
STATE EDITIONSView All
21 Mar 2018 | PNS | Dehradun
Dehradun police have arrested an alleged member of an inter-state gang involved in vehicle theft in Haridwar and Dehradun districts from Muzaffarnagar in Uttar Pradesh on Tuesday. The accused has been identified as Vikram Malik, native of Shamli, Uttar Pradesh, police said, adding that he was currently living in Haryana...