- Chidambaram attacks BJP over deleting dialogues in 'Mersal'
- PM to visit poll-bound Gujarat tomorrow
- Srikanth stuns Axelsen; Saina, Prannoy lose in Denmark Open
- Meeting Dalai Lama major offence, China warns world leaders
- Missing Pak journalist recovered after two years
- Irani hits back at Rahul Gandhi for tweet on Jay Shah
Spain marks national day with show of unity in Catalan crisis
Spain marked its national day on Thursday with a show of unity in the face of Catalan independence efforts, a day after the Central Government gave the region’s separatist leader a deadline to abandon his secession bid.
The country is suffering its worst political crisis in a generation after separatists in the wealthy northeastern region voted in a banned referendum on October 1 to split from Spain.
To mark the national holiday, Prime Minister Mariano Rajoy and King Felipe VI attended a traditional military parade in central Madrid.
Armed forces marched along Madrid’s Paseo de la Castellana boulevard to commemorate the day that Christopher Columbus first arrived in the Americas in 1492.
- Suicide bombing at Kabul mosque kills 30: Afghan official 21 Oct 2017 | AP
- US drone strike targets al-Shabab after Somalia attack 21 Oct 2017 | AP
- US hasn't seen significant change in Pak's support to terror groups: Official 21 Oct 2017 | PTI
- Over 7 lakh people given oral cholera vaccine 21 Oct 2017 | PTI
- Pak court indicts Sharif in 3rd corruption case 21 Oct 2017 | PTI
- New Zealand PM-elect announces 28-member Cabinet council 21 Oct 2017 | IANS
- Spain moves to suspend Catalan autonomy 21 Oct 2017 | IANS
- Hafiz Saeed‚Äôs house arrest extended for 30 days 21 Oct 2017 | PTI
- Foreign Min: US should shed bias against China 21 Oct 2017 | PTI
- Obama, Bush launch veiled attacks on Trump 21 Oct 2017 | S Rajagopalan
Sunday EditionView All
15 Oct 2017 | IANS | Mumbai
Coming out in support of young victims of social media trolls, Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) President Sharad Pawar on Saturday exhorted them to speak out against the wrong policies of the Government and oppose growing incidents of intolerance and fascism across India. In an unique initiative, Pawar met around 35 youngsters who have been threatened on social media and/or booked by police for speaking out their minds against the Government and...
STATE EDITIONSView All
21 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
A three-day film festival based on renowned filmmaker Kundan Shah will be organised in city. The film festival is all about the movies by Kundan Shah...