Student dies during slap fight game in Pak
In a shocking incident, a sixth grade student lost his life while playing innocuous ‘face-slapping’ at his school in Pakistan’s Punjab province, media reports said.
During break time, Bilal and Aamir chose to play Thapar Kabaddi (face-slapping) at Government High School Mian Channu when Bilal was severely struck near his neck, the Express Tribune reported. During the game, students and teachers also gathered in the ground to watch the fight, it said.
The incident happened earlier this month but its video surfaced on Saturday.
As the game begun, both of them started to slap each other as hard as they could. The event took an ugly turn, when Bilal unable to bear Aamir’s slaps lost his conscious and fell on the ground.
Nobody came to his aid and shifted him to the nearby hospital while the rescue team also arrived late after a delay of half an hour, the report said.
The incident points towards grave negligence on the part of police, school administration and parents of the victim.
Sources said that the school administration failed to take Bilal to hospital for medical treatment immediately after the incident and are equally responsible as the local police for not carrying out post-mortem of the body, it said.
Thappar Kabaddi, also known as Chanta Kabaddi, is a famous sport in many cities of Punjab.
- Russia says ‚Äėno alternative‚Äô to Iran nuclear deal 26 Apr 2018 | AFP
- 2 cops, civilian shot in Dallas, suspect caught 26 Apr 2018 | PTI
- China says it welcomes visit by US officials amid trade spat 26 Apr 2018 | AP
- N Korea nuclear test site part-collapsed: Chinese experts 26 Apr 2018 | PTI
- N Korea slams US censure on rights ahead of inter-Korea summit 26 Apr 2018 | AFP
- US lawmakers, IT industry against ending work permit to H-4 visa holders 26 Apr 2018 | PTI
- Danish inventor Madsen gets life term 26 Apr 2018 | AFP
- Globe Trotting 26 Apr 2018 | Agencies
- Pak extends visa of Indian woman who married, embraced Islam 25 Apr 2018 | PTI
- Ahead of summits, US tones down its war games with S Korea 25 Apr 2018 | AP
Sunday EditionView All
22 Apr 2018 | PTI | Ahmedabad
A mild tremor measuring 3.7 on the Richter scale was felt in parts of south Gujarat, including Bharuch and Surat districts, though no damage was reported, officials said...
STATE EDITIONSView All
26 Apr 2018 | ADREESH BHATTACHARYA | Ranchi
The Birsa Munda Bus Terminal at Khadgada from which numerous long route buses, including daily services to Delhi, Bhubaneshwar and Kolkata, operate will soon get shelter homes for the ease of passengers boarding and getting off in the wee hours. The Ranchi Municipal Corporation (RMC) has elaborate plans to make the inter-state bus terminal even more passengers centric so that this state of the art bus terminal can operate on...