- In Modi, Trump has a leader he can truly work with: experts
- Monsoon session of Parliament from July 17 to Aug 11
- Over 140 people feared buried in China landslide
- Modi to be first world leader to have WH dinner with Trump
- DU announces first cut-off list
- Srikanth reaches 3rd successive Super Series final
- Modi embarks on three-nation tour
US blacklist another move to degrade ties: Kremlin
The Kremlin deplored on Tuesday the United States’ blacklisting of a high-ranking official and the prime suspects in the 2006 murder of ex-spy Alexander Litvinenko as a move that further damages bilateral ties.
Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov told reporters Washington’s decision to blacklist Investigative Committee chief Alexander Bastrykin and Litvinenko’s alleged assassins, lawmaker Andrei Lugovoi and Dmitri Kovtun, represented “further steps in the artificially created degradation of our relations”. “We deeply regret the fact that a lingering period of unprecedented degradation in our bilateral ties occurred during Obama’s second presidential term,” Peskov said. “We are convinced that this does not coincide with our interests or that of Washington.”
The US Treasury on Monday added Bastrykin, Lugovoi and Kovtun to the Magnitsky Act sanctions list in a spike of diplomatic tensions between Moscow and Washington.
State Department spokesman John Kirby said Monday the additions to the sanctions list followed “extensive research” and targeted individuals with “roles in the repressive machinery of Russia’s law enforcement systems, as well as individuals involved in notorious human rights violations.”
- Arab States do not seek ‘regime change’ in Qatar 25 Jun 2017 | AP
- Saudi-led demands not reasonable, says Qatar 25 Jun 2017 | AFP
- Man steals from mosque, says matter between him and god 25 Jun 2017 | PTI
- Indian-origin Sikh woman becomes first turbaned judge in Canada 25 Jun 2017 | PTI
- Globe trotting 25 Jun 2017 | Agencies
- Thousands evacuated as 27 high-rise towers fail safety test in UK 25 Jun 2017 | PTI
- Suicide bomber blows himself up as Saudis foil Mecca plot 25 Jun 2017 | AP
- Massive landslide in China; six killed 25 Jun 2017 | PTI
- Dog poop for dessert: turd-shaped treats a hit in Thailand 24 Jun 2017 | AFP
- China asks India, US not to disturb peace in SCS 24 Jun 2017 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
25 Jun 2017 | Shipra Parashar/ Srishti Garg | New Delhi
With Delhi University declaring its first cut-off list on Friday, SGTB Khalsa college came out with the highest 99.66 per cent for BSc (Hons) Electronics...
STATE EDITIONSView All
25 Jun 2017 | PNS | Dehradun
A regimented protocol of ‘Fast Track Bypass surgeries’ in which a patient can get discharged in three days has been initiated by the Max hospital here. Addressing media persons Senior Consultant Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgery (CTVS), Dr Manish Meswani said that Coronary Artery Bypass Graft Surgery (CABG) involves counselling of patient and fast tracking the conventional processes...