- India beat Bangladesh by four wickets to win Nidahas T20 Tri-Series
- Piyush Goyal junks report suggesting airline-like dynamic pricing in railway
- Bypoll defeats no referendum on BJP policies, programmes: Yogi
- NDA messed up economy, mismanaged JK: Manmohan Singh
- Putin eyes fourth term as Russians go to polls
- 3 AIIMS doctors enroute to Agra killed in accident on Yamuna e-way
- Five civilians killed in Pakistan firing on LoC
US will make no concessions for N Korea talks: CIA chief
America will make no concessions to North Korean leader Kim Jong Un for his talks with President Donald Trump over the reclusive nation’s nuclear programme, CIA Director Mike Pompeo has said and insisted that Pyongyang was buckling under the pressure of US-led international sanctions.
Amid suggestions the US president is entering the potentially risky talks without properly considering the potential consequences, Pompeo said Trump understood the dangers.
Pompeo’s remarks came days after Trump agreed to accept an invitation from the North Korean leader to meet by May after months of escalating tensions over Pyongyang’s advancing nuclear and missile programmes.
“Never before have we had the North Koreans in a position where their economy was at such risk, and where their leadership was under such pressure that they would begin conversations on the terms that Kim Jong Un has conceded to,” Pompeo told Fox News.
“Make no mistake: while these negotiations are going on, there will be no concessions made,” he said.
“This first meeting is between Trump and the leader of North Korea, the two people who are the decision-makers, who will ultimately decide what arrangements are acceptable,” Pompeo said.
- 7 terrorists sentenced to death for killing Sufi shrine caretaker 19 Mar 2018 | PTI
- Suu Kyi pressed on Rohingya crisis at ASEAN 19 Mar 2018 | AFP
- Globe Trotting 19 Mar 2018 | Agencies
- Lawmakers say UK should consider postponing Brexit 19 Mar 2018 | AP
- Chinese Premier Li re-elected for second five-year term 19 Mar 2018 | PTI
- 2 polio workers killed, three abducted by terrorists in Pak 19 Mar 2018 | PTI
- Palestinian stabs Israeli in Jerusalem, shot dead by police 19 Mar 2018 | AP
- Israeli planes raid Gaza after explosion 19 Mar 2018 | AFP
- 30,000 civilians evacuate Syria‚Äôs Eastern Ghouta 19 Mar 2018 | IANS
- No news on Trump-Kim summit as N Korea wraps up Sweden talks 19 Mar 2018 | AFP
Sunday EditionView All
18 Mar 2018 | PNS
AAI conducts international workshop for utilizing GAGAN In keeping with the Prime Minister’s objective of using technology as a means of development and co-operation, Airports Authority of India has now offered GPS-aided Geo Augmented Navigation (GAGAN) to SAARC and Southeast Asian countries in order to allow them to reap the significant benefits that accrue from such an advanced navigation system. AAI conducted a two-day workshop on March 15 and 16, 2018...
STATE EDITIONSView All
19 Mar 2018 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
Leader of the Opposition in the state assembly Ajay Singh said that the claims of women well-wisher Chief Minister Shivraj Singh are deceiving as miscreants with minor offences are arrested with immediate effect, but in the matter related to a minister's son, Chouhan says enquiry would be conducted He further alleged that prime facie, minister's son was responsible for Preeti Raghuvanshi’s suicide. Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan today instructed police officials to...