White House considers replacing Secretary of State Tillerson
The White House is discussing a plan to replace Secretary of State Rex Tillerson with CIA director Mike Pompeo.
That's according to two administration officials. They were not authorized to publicly discuss internal thinking and spoke on condition of anonymity.US officials and individuals familiar with White House plans have spoken about the possibility of a broad shakeup in President Donald Trump's national security team. But the timing of such a change is unclear.
Also unclear is whether Pompeo has been approached about the Cabinet reshuffle, but another administration official said he is open to taking the job.
- Pak teenager killed at Texas school laid to rest in Karachi 24 May 2018 | PTI
- Meeting US demands would enormously benefit Iranians: US Secy of State 24 May 2018 | PTI
- Lebanon parliament re-elects Hezbollah ally Berri as speaker 24 May 2018 | Adheer Som
- Syria says withdrawal of Iran, Hezbollah ‚Äėnot on agenda‚Äô 24 May 2018 | AFP
- Globe trotting 24 May 2018 | Agencies
- China a strategic competitor, Russia poses challenge to US strategic interest: Pompeo 24 May 2018 | PTI
- India, Pak entry into SCO increased potential for cooperation: Xi Jinping 24 May 2018 | PTI
- Rohingya ultras killed 99 Hindus last year: Amnesty 24 May 2018 | AFP
- Globe Trotting 23 May 2018 | Agencies
- Pak heatwave kills 65 people in Karachi: Report 23 May 2018 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
20 May 2018 | PNS
New Delhi: “Now, let us enjoy our holidays,” this is how the Supreme Court concluded the hearing on the Karnataka power row on Saturday. The courtroom burst into a bout of laughter as Justice AK Sikri, who headed the three-judge Bench, made the jovial remark ...