Two incidents of fire were reported from Mica Town on Wednesday night – one at Bhabhantoli Road at readymade cloth store and the other in Muslim bazar area.
Soon after the fire broke shopkeepers and people in the complex were evacuated and panic prevailed at around 8 pm when the fire started to spread.
In the fire no one was injured and no casualty was reported. The fire tender vehicles managed to control and pacify the fire before it could spread and cause severe damage.
Fire officials said that the fire broke in the readymade garment on the frontside of the complex and soon spread to the cloths which later entered the complex premises and blocked one of the stair cases.
In the fire another shops at the complex were not affected. The fire brigade was informed and fire tender vehicles were rushed to the rescue.
The fire broke at first shop but it was pacified before it could spread to the other shops, said Rajkumar Chaudhary owner of the shop.
Shopkeepers in Muslim bazar said the fire in a shop was started by cracker which suddenly its fire entered in shop.
It spread because of copies and books were kept in the shop. Water during the rescue operations damaged maximum books and copies.
The entire books in the first row were gutted completely, said Md Mujalim.