In a tragic incident, two children Ganesh (10) and Swati (4) died when their shanty caught fire while they were sleeping in Central Delhi’s Desh Bandhu Gupta Road. Two others sustained grievous injuries, police revealed Thursday.
According to an official from Delhi Police Service (DFS), a call was received at around 2:18 am on the intervening night of Wednesday and Thursday and two fire tenders were rushed to the spot.
The children were sleeping when the incident occurred. The injured, Suman (28), with 55 per cent burns, and Munna (5), with 70 per cent burns, are undergoing treatment at the Ram Manohar Lohia hospital, police said.