Mechatronic engineering is an interdisciplinary engineering field. It is often referred to as robotic science as well. It unites the principles of mechanics, electronics and computing, and the end purpose is to design a simpler and more economical system. In order to be eligible for a course at UG level in mechatronics you need to have done 10+2 or equivalent with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
A mechatronics graduate can utilise his multiple skills for system designing, and manufacturing the products by incorporating control, electronic and computer devices. A few more colleges where one can study are:
- Anna University, Chennai. Course: ME Mechatronics Engineering
- Nehru Institute of Technology, Coimbatore. Course: ME Mechatronics Engineering
- The Indian Engineering College, Rajaas Engineering College, Tirunelveli. Course: ME Mechatronics Engineering
- Mangalore Institute of Technology and Engineering, Mangalore. Course: MTech Mechatronics Engineering
- Central Institute of Tool Design, Hyderabad. Course: MTech Mechatronics Engineering