A 50-year-old married woman was electrocuted after she came into contact with live wires in her house at Sagoni Kalan under Bilkharia police station area on Tuesday.
According to police, the deceased, Yasoda , was electrocuted after she came into contact with live wires whiles she was drying clothes in the afternoon on Thursday and was rushed to a nearby hospital where she died during treatment.
Police were informed and on the receipt of the information, a police team reached the spot and started investigation. After the preliminary investigation, the body was sent for post-mortem. The police have registered a case under section 174 of the IPC. Police found that the woman was drying clothes when she hit the electricity meter at her house while family members were at work.
Meanwhile, a 20-year-old youth committed suicide by hanging with the ceiling at Ratan Colony under Nishatpura police station area on Tuesday. The deceased identified as Vikram was found hanging and rushed to nearby hospital where he was declared dead.
The family members have told the police that deceased was suffering from mental illness and reported seizures frequently. The deceased was undergoing treatment. Police have not found any suicide note. Based on the statements recorded by the family members police have started investigation.
The body was sent for the post mortem after the preliminary investigation and police registered a case under section 174 of the CrPC and started further investigation into the matter.