Maha takes control of 80% beds in States pvt hospitals

| | Mumbai
  • 0

Maha takes control of 80% beds in States pvt hospitals

Saturday, 23 May 2020 | TN RAGHUNATHA | Mumbai

To make most of healthcare facilities in charitable and private hospitals to deal with the coronavirus situation, the Maharashtra Government has virtually acquired 80 per cent of non-isolation beds in these hospitals across the State.

Invoking the provisions of the Epidemic Diseases Act, 1897, Disaster Management Act, 2005, Maharashtra Nursing Homes Act and other relevant acts,  the Health department in an order issued late on Thursday night said the providers would make all attempts to increase their bed capacity relating to both isolation and non-isolation beds.

“That means 80 per cent of the isolation beds available with any healthcare provider under this notification should be regulated by the Government, district collectors and Municipal Commissioners   and also 80 per cent of non-isolation beds. The providers may charge their rack charges to the remaining 20 per cent beds,” it said.

State Editions

Priest beheads man at temple in Cuttack dist

29 May 2020 | PNS | Bhubaneswar

7 pangolin smugglers held in S’pur

29 May 2020 | PNS | Bhubaneswar

Girl ostracised for sex slur against Sarpanch

29 May 2020 | MAlAY RAY | Bhubaneswar

IIT BBS serves stranded migrants

29 May 2020 | PNS | Bhubaneswar

News Briefs

29 May 2020 | PNS | Bhubaneswar

Octogenarian stays hungry with mentally-challanged son, daughter

29 May 2020 | RAJESH BEHERA | Bhubaneswar

Sunday Edition

A cupful of health

24 May 2020 | Excerpt | Agenda

from Corona to Karuna

24 May 2020 | Radhanath Swami | Agenda

Resurgence of Nature

24 May 2020 | Madan lall Manchanda | Agenda

For us and the world

24 May 2020 | Ajit Kumar Bishnoi | Agenda

Astroturf | Be live to collective obligation

24 May 2020 | Bharat Bhushan Padmadeo | Agenda

Talktime : ‘I regret not retaliating to verbal abuse’

24 May 2020 | MUSBA HASHMI | Sunday Pioneer