Grocery goods and general goods turned into ashes after a massive fire broke out at godown of Apoorti Super market at Govindpura Industrial area in the morning on Sunday.
The godown of Apoorti Super market was gutted in fire due to short circuit borne fire in the early morning hours and locals informed fire brigade and it took over four hours to pacify the fire.
The fire which broke out around 6 am was pacified at 12 pm by around 12 fire tender vehicles. The walls of the godown were broken for pacifying the fire.
Panic prevailed in the area after the fire broke out and grocery goods, cosmetics, garments and other goods were gutted in fire. The fire took massive shape after the cooking oil canes caught fire. Fire Officer Rameshwar Neel said that around 12 fire tender vehicles were pressed into service which took around four hours to control and pacify the fire completely. The fire was controlled before it could damage the nearby factories and manufacturing units.There were two fire extinguishers at the godown which were also damaged. Three workers use to work at the godown but at the time of the fire no one was present.
On Sunday at around 6 in the morning fire broke out at the godown which spread rapidly and oil and grocery goods were gutted in the fire. In the fire along with the grocery, office and shed build to keep goods was were also gutted in the massive fire.